1. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    ZellulΓ€rer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 10:00
    Just wondering what you all think about inactive non-subs who don't play (some stopped, others haven't made a move) who persist in chatting (sometimes at great length) in the forums. Should they be allowed to carry on?
  2. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 10:571 edit
    How about if a forum block was automatically engaged for non-subs (or anyone for that matter) who doesn't make a move in a single game for more than x days? I think this should include people without games and whom has denied challenges for x number of days.
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 11:16
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Just wondering what you all think about inactive non-subs who don't play (some stopped, others haven't made a move) who persist in chatting (sometimes at great length) in the forums. Should they be allowed to carry on?
    I don't see why not.

I know the photography competition attracted at least 2 people who had no interest in chess, but great interest in photography.

It all adds to the community. If they're spamming, then sure, report them for that reason.

D
  4. Banned from site.
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 11:42
    [b]Just wondering what you all think ../b]
    Thinking is only for those unfortunates who have so far been unable to master the art of Zen.
    hoooooooommmmmmmm
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 21:57
    Since every single forum is about chess, it makes sense that only active chessplayers are qualified to post in them. πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
  6. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 23:30
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Since every single forum is about chess, it makes sense that only active chessplayers are qualified to post in them. πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
    eh?

πŸ˜•
  7. The sky
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 23:59
    Originally posted by rhb
    eh?

πŸ˜•
    Ever heard about irony? πŸ˜‰
  8. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    01 Feb '06 00:25
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Ever confused irony and sarcasm?
  9. The sky
    Moves
    01 Feb '06 01:00
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Ever confused irony and sarcasm?
    "A fair amount of confusion has surrounded the issue regarding the relationship between verbal irony and sarcasm, and psychology researchers have addressed the issue directly. For example, ridicule is an important aspect of sarcasm, but not verbal irony in general. By this account, sarcasm is a particular kind of personal criticism leveled against a person or group of persons that incorporates verbal irony. Research also shows that most instances of verbal irony are considered to be sarcastic, suggesting that the term sarcasm is more widely used than its traditional definition suggests it should be. Some psycholinguistic theorists suggest that sarcasm, hyperbole, understatement, rhetorical questions, and jocularity should all be considered kinds of verbal irony."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony
  10. Under Cover
    Moves
    01 Feb '06 04:19
    Inactive non-subs. Hmmm... Would that include former subscribers who, due to increased personal commitments are currently unable to manage a sizeable game load? Who therefore let their subscriptions expire for the time being, but definitely plan to renew at some point in the future? Who still like to check into the forums to stay "connected" with the site? Who play the occasional couple of games, but can go for periods with no active games, but still wish to remain an active part of this community?

Yah, it'd be a great idea to toss these free-loaders. It's been nice knowing you all.
  11. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    ZellulΓ€rer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    01 Feb '06 11:52
    Thanks for your views. The overall positive attitude towards non-subs was a pleasant surprise...
  12. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    01 Feb '06 21:36
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Is that what I should do to my work clothes on a Sunday so they are crease free each morning during the week?
  13. The sky
    Moves
    02 Feb '06 15:05
    Originally posted by rhb
    Is that what I should do to my work clothes on a Sunday so they are crease free each morning during the week?
    I tried to use irony on my clothes, but it doesn't help.
  14. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '06 15:471 edit
    Thanks for your views. The overall positive attitude towards non-subs was a pleasant surprise...
    Now THAT'S irony at its finest..
  15. Standard membercelticcountry
    Copyright Β©2001-2006
    Eastbourne
    Moves
    02 Feb '06 19:26
    leave non subs alone.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree