Include FEN notation in the 'has moved' email...

Include FEN notation in the 'has moved' email...

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R

N.E. Texas, USA

Moves
11 Oct 05

Would it be possible to include the FEN notation in the email sent to notify me that my competition has made a move? This would make it possible for me to get the mails on my mobile device before I am able to get to a computer to make my moves.

Just an idea, wonderful site!

- Richard Hankins

DS

Moves
12 Oct 05

Now that you mention it, I could've sworn it already did that, but I just checked and it musta bin changed....unless I was dreaming.

Moves
24 Oct 05

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
Now that you mention it, I could've sworn it already did that, but I just checked and it musta bin changed....unless I was dreaming.
It has been changed. I received an email on 28th Aug with FEN, and 29th without. I didn't notice any discussion of it.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
24 Oct 05

Originally posted by gezza
It has been changed. I received an email on 28th Aug with FEN, and 29th without. I didn't notice any discussion of it.
It was probably viewed as an aid to cheats, which would render the game mod tool to see if somebody downloaded the pgn even more useless than it is already.

D

Moves
24 Oct 05

Shame. It would have been a useful aid to visualisation - keep trying to imagine the board from the FEN, and eventually you will get there, apparantly 😉 It has just got a bit easier to take the lazy option and look at the board.