1. Standard memberBusygirl
    The BOSS
    in my own mind.
    Moves
    28 Apr '10 00:23
    Russ, times are tough. Please consider this your personal recession buster.

Thread 129646
  2. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    28 Apr '10 12:30
    Originally posted by Busygirl
    Russ, times are tough. Please consider this your personal recession buster.

Thread 129646
    First of all, your idea is badly presented. You just linked a crappy General thread where somewhere in all the mess a little idea is hidden. It wouldnt have caused you to much time to re-type/copy-paste it and create a decently presented idea.

Second, your idea is bad.
    How about you send this "appropriately obnoxious response" yourself. No-one is going to pay for that. Neither do I think admins will be happy with these obnoxious responses.
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    28 Apr '10 12:52
    ^ Someone get this robot a humour chip.
  4. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    Moves
    28 Apr '10 13:11
    Originally posted by darvlay
    ^ Someone get this robot a humour chip.
    Oh it was a joke?! Maybe these 'jokes' best stay in the General Forum, so that people like me (with an absolute level zero of humour), who do not read the General Forum, dont have to interact with them.
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    28 Apr '10 13:36
    Originally posted by zozozozo
    Oh it was a joke?! Maybe these 'jokes' best stay in the General Forum, so that people like me (with an absolute level zero of humour), who do not read the General Forum, dont have to interact with them.
    Take it easy, Johnny Five. We don't want you frying your CPU over this.
  6. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    28 Apr '10 18:17
    Is the idea to charge people extra for the ignore privilege? Makes sense to me...
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 May '10 02:34
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Is the idea to charge people extra for the ignore privilege? Makes sense to me...
    Not *just* the "ignore privilege".

Make it so that you never EVER see any trace of the losers on your ignore list, and people would pay for that.

And I mean NO trace. No games, no showing up in the player lists, no PMs, no forum posts, no quoted material from their posts. NADA.

Like Phlabibit mentioned in one of his threads.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '10 22:28
    There is potentially cash in this idea, not just mirth.
  9. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    10 May '10 21:35
    Originally posted by divegeester
    There is potentially cash in this idea.
    I seriously doubt it. If RHP started charging for 'extra features' it would quickly become the Ryanair of chess sites.

It would be far more sensible to invest in something like an affiliate scheme to refer new subscribers or even just got some decent advertising (instead of crappy pay-per-click nonsense).
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    10 May '10 23:58
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Not *just* the "ignore privilege".

Make it so that you never EVER see any trace of the losers on your ignore list, and people would pay for that.

And I mean NO trace. No games, no showing up in the player lists, no PMs, no forum posts, no quoted material from their posts. NADA.

Like Phlabibit mentioned in one of his threads.
    For an extra $__, you can have your mind wiped of all memories of said losers. Surely you can hypnotize someone over the internet now. If not then what's the hold up, seriously?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 May '10 06:491 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    ...Surely you can hypnotize someone over the internet now....
    What do you think Grampy Bobby has been doing all this time...it's subliminal, in amongst all the crap there is a secret coded post where he asks you for your bank details and nudie pics of your Mum.
  12. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    Moves
    11 May '10 11:19
    I agree with Daemon Sin, developping such a feature would probably cost more then you can ever make from it...

I expect that there is only a small group of 'touchy' general forum readers who would pay for such a ridiculous thingšŸ™‚
  13. is no semi-colon
    Moves
    12 May '10 07:12
    What do you think Grampy Bobby has been doing all this time...it's subliminal, in amongst all the crap there is a secret coded post where he asks you for your bank details and nudie pics of your Mum.
    speaking of which, wouldn't it be simpler and cheaper to just ban the old coot permanently, rather than invest in all this complicated ignore technology? sometimes the simple solutions are the best.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 May '10 05:56
    Originally posted by Blackamp
    sometimes the simple solutions are the best.
    Euthanasia works in some countries, I hear that's why seitse has gone quite...
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jun '10 06:35
    Euthanasia works in some countries, I hear that's why seitse has gone quite...
    future RHP..would,nt it be better to attract new and more by offering a few more incentives,ie...more than 6 games(this sux),ability to play at least 1 tourney,and improve the so labourious con/moves ...I feel rhp is losing lots of potential clients through their non ability to recognise where they are going in this updated world of web chess.more and more sites are comming online;you have to keep up...rhp is not

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree