1. Hawaii
    Moves
    11 Mar '06 03:42
    there needs to be a timelimit on the initial move in tournaments as the timeclock does not start running until after this first move. I've had people sit on tournament games for a long time until it seems they are ready to play. and the first tournament I ever entered, over a year ago, is still in the first round. as it's a 3/7 tourney and only on the 55th move cycle it seems impossible that nobody has been timed out unless there was a long wait before the start. Being as there is an email option to be notified when tournament games start the time limit should start from the tournament start, not after the initial move.
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    11 Mar '06 05:38
    Originally posted by Hawaiianhomegrown
    there needs to be a timelimit on the initial move in tournaments as the timeclock does not start running until after this first move. I've had people sit on tournament games for a long time until it seems they are ready to play. and the first tournament I ever entered, over a year ago, is still in the first round. as it's a 3/7 tourney and only ...[text shortened]... games start the time limit should start from the tournament start, not after the initial move.
    Timeout can be claimed on games that haven't been moved in yet (I've done it myself), if one player however didn't claim the timeout when it was available back before autotimeouts were enabled it could easily have gone this far (344 days is the max inside timelimit for a 55 move 3/7 game).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree