1. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    03 Apr '07 16:24
    Maybe its the programming I have, or maybe I'm just stupid, but its frustrating to me that you can't insert a smiley wherever you want. They are always inserted at the end of the post. What I mean, is I couldn't go back and insert a smiley right now after my first sentence of this post. If I clicked there and tried to insert a smiley it would still be inserted at the end of the post. So if I wanted to I would have to cut out everything else, insert a smiley and then paste the words back.

I know, I know, its not that much work to cut and paste, but this is site ideas and its an idea.

Thank you for your pateince and understanding.

PK
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '07 16:25
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    Maybe its the programming I have, or maybe I'm just stupid, but its frustrating to me that you can't insert a smiley wherever you want. They are always inserted at the end of the post. What I mean, is I couldn't go back and insert a smiley right now after my first sentence of this post. If I clicked there and tried to insert a smiley it would still be in ...[text shortened]... t this is site ideas and its an idea.

PK
    Make the smiley, then move it to the place you want it to be.
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '07 16:34
    Make the smiley with 🙂 the keys 🙂 instead of the icons. Yep that 🙂 works.
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    03 Apr '07 16:57
    Maybe its the programming I have, or maybe I'm just stupid, but its frustrating to me that you can't insert a smiley wherever you want. They are always inserted at the end of the post. What I mean, is I couldn't go back and insert a smiley right now after my first sentence of this post. If I clicked there and tried to insert a smiley it would still be in ...[text shortened]... t this is site ideas and its an idea.

PK
    A plural does not get an apostrophe.
  5. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    03 Apr '07 20:08
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    A plural does not get an apostrophe.
    I was saying "Inserting Smiley Is" for short, thats why an apostraphe was there. Stupid grammar nazis should get banned.
  6. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    03 Apr '07 20:49
    I was saying "Inserting Smiley Is" for short, thats why an apostraphe was there. Stupid grammar nazis should get banned.
    Aren't you supposed to be a teacher? What kind of mark would a student get who can't even manage basic grammar?
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '07 20:521 edit
    I was saying "Inserting Smiley Is" for short, that's why an apostrophe was there. Stupid grammar nazis should get banned.
    PocketKings's right.
    He explained it and it's not a grammar error in this sense.
  8. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    03 Apr '07 23:38
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    PocketKings's right.
    He explained it and it's not a grammar error in this sense.
    Inserting Smiley Is doesn't make sense as a title.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '07 08:49
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Inserting Smiley Is doesn't make sense as a title.
    No one is free from errors, neither spelling nor grammar errors.
    The one with a history of no errors at all should be the one criticizing others non-perfect language.
  10. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '07 10:04
    Back to the topic:

I agree it is a minor annoyance but it would be good if it was fixed.
  11. Standard memberleisurelysloth
    Man of Steel
    rushing to and fro
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 18:191 edit

PK
    Rec-worthy. This is a pain in the behind, and there's no good reason why it shouldn't be fixed.

EDIT: just for X, theres. 😵
  12. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 18:30
    Originally posted by leisurelysloth
    Rec-worthy. This is a pain in the behind, and there's no good reason why it shouldn't be fixed.

EDIT: just for X, theres. 😵
    thanks 🙂
  13. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    14 Apr '07 05:02

PK
    PM widget for pointers. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree