1. Joined
    07 Jul '04
    Moves
    30 Jan '05 11:59
    Wouldn't it be nice? :---

As soon as your opponent(s) make his/her/their move(s!) at the respective board(s), a dialog box pops up notifying you to make a move. I think this is better than what we have now, since you get notified immediately and so you don't need to refresh the page again and again only to see whether you have any game(s) waiting!
  2. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    30 Jan '05 12:39
    sounds like you are hankering after real time games... try www.uchess.com
  3. UK
    Moves
    30 Jan '05 12:40
    it might be nice, but it's not possible without refreshing the page or using some kind of applet.
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    30 Jan '05 13:26
    Originally posted by Kapil Gain

As soon as your opponent(s) make his/her/their move(s!) at the respective board(s), a dialog box pops up notifying you to make a move. I think this is better than what we have now, since you get notified immediately and so you don't need to refresh the page again and again only to see whether you have any game(s) waiting!
    Just turn on move notification emails and use filters to put them all into a folder where they don't fill up your inbox and u can mass delete once in a while. With gmail/hotmail/yahoo, you can have system tray progs to notify u when u receive a move, so basically the notify of move system already exists.

D
  5. UK
    Moves
    30 Jan '05 14:42
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Just turn on move notification emails and use filters to put them all into a folder where they don't fill up your inbox and u can mass delete once in a while. With gmail/hotmail/yahoo, you can have system tray progs to notify u when u receive a move, so basically the notify of move system already exists.

D
    Yep. Notifications = win.
  6. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '05 17:13
    Originally posted by Kapil Gain

I assume you mean something faster than the already available email notification? That would have to be done in real time and would requirte resources not only from your computer, but a lot more resources from the server (which would slow it down). So we certainly don't want that. 🙂
  7. Joined
    22 Mar '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '05 07:26
    i agree, perhaps a systray icon which changes to alert player of awaiting game.
    or sound alerts maybe
  8. Behind you...
    Moves
    19 Aug '05 07:27
    Originally posted by ph15
    i agree, perhaps a systray icon which changes to alert player of awaiting game.
    or sound alerts maybe
    We already have that. I forget it's website though.
  9. Standard membermokko
    Sinner
    Where I belong
    Moves
    19 Aug '05 07:57
    I have hotmail with msn messanger, everytime someone moves I get a pop up on the bottom of mt screen. Yahoo messanger does this also. I've never had a problem, it works great for me.
  10. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    19 Aug '05 10:59
    Originally posted by seraphimvulture
    We already have that. I forget it's website though.
    http://home.comcast.net/~johnbart/
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '04
    Moves
    19 Aug '05 15:36
    Originally posted by mokko
    I have hotmail with msn messanger, everytime someone moves I get a pop up on the bottom of mt screen. Yahoo messanger does this also. I've never had a problem, it works great for me.
    A non member has a max of six games....the pop up works fine, I would presume a member playing over 100 games it would get a tad annoying, and that they opted not to use that, it could become quite a clog up of email notifications, I would suppose that a member would be looking for some, small icon that indicates they have moves available without having rhp opened on a constant basis. Of course with all the interesting events taking place in rhp....I am sure the admin prefers it open
    Possibly rhp could offer another option...for members only!

gil
  12. Joined
    18 Aug '05
    Moves
    27 Aug '05 00:14
    same here
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    27 Aug '05 02:38
    Originally posted by lausey
    http://home.comcast.net/~johnbart/
    That is the site. Get it if you need it.

I prefer to let the clocks tick, and move.

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree