Intelligent folder names

Intelligent folder names

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h

Moves
04 Mar 06

When the folders were first introduced I requested this and I've yet to see it implemented.

I'd like to see folder names take the following form in the sidebar:

Folder Name (x/y)

x = the number of games where it is your move

y = the number of games in total in the folder

For those entered in tournaments, siege games, and clan games we cannot be sure when a game is going to pop into our inbox. This becomes a problem if you have set your folders up so well that you hardly look in your inbox anymore.

Adopting the above method would cause people to look in their folders less as they will immediately see if there is not a game waiting in a certain folder, thereby it will reduce demands on the redhotpawn servers.

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
04 Mar 06

Something I wanted to see for a long time too.

Just like giving prioirity to specific folders or individual games. Now I play may games according to the olders move of my opponent, after a move I have set my preference to automatically go to the game that is awaiting my move the longest. But with large timeout periods and timebanks some could easily have a longer duration of time for me 'to think', while some games with a speedy timeout needs my first attention first each and every time when I am due to make a move, just to makes sure I don't time out or use my timebank in those games. I want to 'finish off' those games where it is my time to move and that have the highest priority first.

h

Moves
08 Mar 06

Originally posted by Aiko
Just like giving prioirity to specific folders or individual games. Now I play may games according to the olders move of my opponent, after a move I have set my preference to automatically go to the game that is awaiting my move the longest. But with large timeout periods and timebanks some could easily have a longer duration of time for me 'to think', while so ...[text shortened]... nish off' those games where it is my time to move and that have the highest priority first.
I think setting a folder's priority might be very difficult and would be used by very few people.

N

The sky

Moves
08 Mar 06

Originally posted by Aiko
Just like giving prioirity to specific folders or individual games. Now I play may games according to the olders move of my opponent, after a move I have set my preference to automatically go to the game that is awaiting my move the longest. But with large timeout periods and timebanks some could easily have a longer duration of time for me 'to think', while so ...[text shortened]... nish off' those games where it is my time to move and that have the highest priority first.
I would like to be able to sort the games by remaining time for moving (excluding the timebank). Sounds like that would be a solution for your problem, too. But the fact that this option doesn't exist suggests to me that it might be difficult to implement.

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
10 Mar 06

But I want it anyway...
I want it I want it I want it!