Internet disruption and loss of games / rating

Internet disruption and loss of games / rating

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c
'Sir' to you

Osaka, Japan

Moves
17 Apr 09
2 edits

Originally posted by znsho
This must have happened to others and I wonder if there is some way to at least partially redress the balance. Through no fault of my own, I have been unable to get online for the past 10 days or so. This was not due to a holiday. Of course, when returning to RHP, I have lost many games including Clan games on time-out. rating plumeted.

Is there a way to restore at least some time-out games provided a suitable explanation can be given?
I don't think games should be reinstated. It's part of the rules of the site, and it's a condition of playing here. Sometimes stuff happens, accidents, etc., and sometimes it affects you or me. Or the other guy. If you just play for fun, you could ask your opponent to re-start the game from the TO position as an unrated game, but you wouldn't get back points for winning (or lose more for losing the re-started game...), and the result of a re-started game wouldn't affect clan challenges.

But I have to ask: you couldn't get online for 10 days? You fly a UK flag, so I don't think that you've been affected by war or natural disasters. Were you medically incapacitated or locked up? They are the only reasons I would accept for someone being unable to get online for 10 whole days without knowing beforehand, or not being able to find an internet cafe.

I do like Phlabibit's idea though.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
17 Apr 09

Originally posted by Phlabibit
It's ALWAYS my move in my games.

If someone is worried that the feature is coming on too quick, they should enter another number. How can you complain about your vacation coming on too quick when your the one who set the number of days?

Also, there is no need to use the feature if you can't figure out a good number of days to set.

P-
Say you know you will be on holiday in September for 15 day so you book these days. You have already used 10 days in February.

You now have 26 days vacation unused but 15 are prebooked.

You decide to set your feature to use "vacation time" if you have not moved for 7 days.

Something untoward comes up and after 7 days the feature kicks in. You are however unable to get back online for a further 18 days.

Does the system use 18 days vacation of the 26 days available meaning that your prebooked vacation time is cancelled

or

does it only use 11 days as you are prebooked for 15 days thereby rendering you liable to timeouts even though you still, in theory, have unused vacation time?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
17 Apr 09

Originally posted by adramforall
Say you know you will be on holiday in September for 15 day so you book these days. You have already used 10 days in February.

You now have 26 days vacation unused but 15 are prebooked.

You decide to set your feature to use "vacation time" if you have not moved for 7 days.

Something untoward comes up and after 7 days the feature kicks in. Yo ...[text shortened]... rendering you liable to timeouts even though you still, in theory, have unused vacation time?
Not sure how easy the vacation code is... but I would hope it would honor your booked vacation.

If you made it back before your booked vacation, you could turn off the auto vacation function and your original vacation should still be there.

The only reason for me having this idea is because this is no where near the first thread about timed out games and inability to make it online for an extended period.

P-