1. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    25 Sep '06 08:54
    We have tags for threads (first page only), tournaments, clans, clan challenges, clan leagues, user profiles and games. However often there is a need for links to things not included in this list (especially say the 15th page of a 17 page thread). Instead of getting new tags added to this list one by one I propose a new all inclusive system.

[ RHP ]http://www.timeforchess.com/core/openinvitegames.php[ /RHP ] would resolve to a link that replaces timeforchess with whichever site the user is currently viewing and it would appear as openinvitegames.php or similar. That way anyone who viewed the link could click on it and be taken to the open invite page in the colour scheme they prefer.

As far as I can see this wouldn't be difficult to implement from a site standpoint and would reduce the complexity of linking to things as well as increasing flexibility.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Sep '06 17:30
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    We have tags for threads (first page only), tournaments, clans, clan challenges, clan leagues, user profiles and games. However often there is a need for links to things not included in this list (especially say the 15th page of a 17 page thread). Instead of getting new tags added to this list one by one I propose a new all inclusive system.

[ RHP ]http ...[text shortened]... ndpoint and would reduce the complexity of linking to things as well as increasing flexibility.
    As they say, this is /signed.

As it is, I'm constantly having to edit the links so I don't have to log in again. (i.e. If I'm logged into RHP and it's a TFC link, it takes you, but you're not logged into that site. I usually just edit to redhotpawn instead of timeforchess or whatever's in the URL. It usually works, but Xanthos' suggestion would eliminate all that.)
  3. The sky
    Moves
    25 Sep '06 20:58
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    As they say, this is /signed.

As it is, I'm constantly having to edit the links so I don't have to log in again. (i.e. If I'm logged into RHP and it's a TFC link, it takes you, but you're not logged into that site. I usually just edit to redhotpawn instead of timeforchess or whatever's in the URL. It usually works, but Xanthos' suggestion would eliminate all that.)
    If you "enable multiple browsers to be logged into the same account" (Site Settings), you can log in once at all the sites and will stay logged in even if you go back to your preferred site, so you can follow the links more easily. But I agree that Xanthos' solution would be better.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree