Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. 13 Nov '04 18:47
    Would it be possible to set up invitations/challenges at uchess? It would be nice to be able to run a one day full tournament. It would increase usership I think.

Just an idea.

Mike
  2. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    14 Nov '04 10:43
    uChess development has been given a lower priority at the moment - the majority of my time does appear to be better spent here for the time being.

I still have some uChess fixes to make over the coming months, but no big enhancements until my task list here is complete.

-Russ
  3. 14 Nov '04 14:59
    Originally posted by Russ
    uChess development has been given a lower priority at the moment - the majority of my time does appear to be better spent here for the time being.

I still have some uChess fixes to make over the coming months, but no big enhancements until my task list here is complete.

-Russ
    You should work on developement of a clone. I just see the oportunities of being able to run full tournament there complete in a day, which if I can find enough people willing to do so I will get on it right away. I made an investment of tournament software which allows pairing according to the FIDE rules. I have plans to use it here and at my chess club in town. I will figure out the pitfalls of coordinating the gambit of instructions and details involved in setting up the tournaments and getting everyone on the same page. I was not sure if invites for players were an option, but thought I would ask.

Mike
  4. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    14 Nov '04 15:48
    Mike,

Let me have the details of what you would like to see at uChess with regard to this, and if it isn't too complex, I will see if I can fit it in.

-Russ
  5. 14 Nov '04 16:38 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Russ
    Mike,

Let me have the details of what you would like to see at uChess with regard to this, and if it isn't too complex, I will see if I can fit it in.

-Russ
    I guess that I am looking for a feature that if I wanted to play a certain person I could open up a waiting game to be accepted by said opponent. It would make running a tournament much simpler than the entrants having to delete games accepted by others.

It is probobly a pain in the butt for you. Please don't feel like you need to do anything for me. I just thought it would be a nice feature to add at the site and could bring in more customers for you.

Mike

PS,
    I am not above bribing, I will pick up a subscription next wednesday.
  6. 18 Nov '04 00:42
    Ok, subscription firmly in place.