1. Over seas
    Moves
    13 Nov '04 18:47
    Would it be possible to set up invitations/challenges at uchess? It would be nice to be able to run a one day full tournament. It would increase usership I think.

Just an idea.

Mike
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    14 Nov '04 10:43
    uChess development has been given a lower priority at the moment - the majority of my time does appear to be better spent here for the time being.

I still have some uChess fixes to make over the coming months, but no big enhancements until my task list here is complete.

-Russ
  3. Over seas
    Moves
    14 Nov '04 14:59
    Originally posted by Russ
    uChess development has been given a lower priority at the moment - the majority of my time does appear to be better spent here for the time being.

I still have some uChess fixes to make over the coming months, but no big enhancements until my task list here is complete.

-Russ
    You should work on developement of a clone. 😉 I just see the oportunities of being able to run full tournament there complete in a day, which if I can find enough people willing to do so I will get on it right away. I made an investment of tournament software which allows pairing according to the FIDE rules. I have plans to use it here and at my chess club in town. I will figure out the pitfalls of coordinating the gambit of instructions and details involved in setting up the tournaments and getting everyone on the same page. I was not sure if invites for players were an option, but thought I would ask.

Mike
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    14 Nov '04 15:48
    Mike,

Let me have the details of what you would like to see at uChess with regard to this, and if it isn't too complex, I will see if I can fit it in.

-Russ
  5. Over seas
    Moves
    14 Nov '04 16:381 edit
    Originally posted by Russ
    Mike,

Let me have the details of what you would like to see at uChess with regard to this, and if it isn't too complex, I will see if I can fit it in.

-Russ
    I guess that I am looking for a feature that if I wanted to play a certain person I could open up a waiting game to be accepted by said opponent. It would make running a tournament much simpler than the entrants having to delete games accepted by others.

It is probobly a pain in the butt for you. Please don't feel like you need to do anything for me. I just thought it would be a nice feature to add at the site and could bring in more customers for you.

Mike

PS,
    I am not above bribing, I will pick up a subscription next wednesday.😉
  6. Over seas
    Moves
    18 Nov '04 00:42
    Ok, subscription firmly in place.😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree