1. Guanajuato, Mexico
    Moves
    25 Jan '08 16:47
    I just purchased an iPhone, which is really cool. I have played RHP on it, but it is very difficult to see and move the pieces, even when you expand the interface using standard iPhone expansion. The RHP interface is just not designed well for an iPhone. Wouldn't it be nice if there was an RHP interface designed to be as easy as possible to use on the iPhone?

- Roger
  2. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    25 Jan '08 18:29
    Originally posted by rogers4
    I just purchased an iPhone, which is really cool. I have played RHP on it, but it is very difficult to see and move the pieces, even when you expand the interface using standard iPhone expansion. The RHP interface is just not designed well for an iPhone. Wouldn't it be nice if there was an RHP interface designed to be as easy as possible to use on the iPhone?

- Roger
    I have an iPhone and I really don't have a lot of problems.

I wouldn't necessarily think the site should spend the time in providing a site designed just for one phone frankly. Unless there is a very large number of users who use that phone.
  3. Standard memberIchibanov
    King of slow
    Moves
    25 Jan '08 22:48
    While I'd love to see a better interface, I also have little trouble making moves and performing analysis with the normal RHP interface. The actual move nav buttons on the analysis screen I find unusable, but otherwise it's usable.

It did take me a while to get the hang of it. Stick with it a while and it'll probably get easier.
  4. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '08 00:43
    Originally posted by Ichibanov
    While I'd love to see a better interface, I also have little trouble making moves and performing analysis with the normal RHP interface. The actual move nav buttons on the analysis screen I find unusable, but otherwise it's usable.

It did take me a while to get the hang of it. Stick with it a while and it'll probably get easier.
    True. The move nav buttons are pretty much unusable, but otherwise, with a bit of getting used to, it is usable.
  5. Guanajuato, Mexico
    Moves
    27 Jan '08 12:371 edit
    PsychoPawn makes a good point. All it would take to make the interface very usable from an iPhone would be to put a set of navigate game buttons (of analyze game) along the right edge of the board and parallel to the board. Then you could enlarge the board to the point where you can see it and maneuver it, but still have access to those button. In fact, you don't even need all four of the buttons, just the back one move and forward one move buttons are needed. And while people may think this is just an iPhone issue, actually it is an issue for any device with a small screen available for the brower. And those will become more and more common.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree