1. Joined
    20 Apr '07
    Moves
    29 Dec '07 02:58
    be nice to have the ability in ones profile to set white/black play and analyze boards always on the bottom or top! For those of us that always want White on the bottom due to dyslexia and or factors. This would make this site a cut above!!
  2. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    29 Dec '07 06:19
    Interesting request, but you do have the option of flipping the board with one click. still, why not grant your request, sure, unless there is a lot more to programming it than i could guess . . and i don't have clue about that part
  3. Subscriberbeatlemania
    Purveyor of Potatoes
    Here
    Moves
    29 Dec '07 06:24
    Originally posted by Katonah
    be nice to have the ability in ones profile to set white/black play and analyze boards always on the bottom or top! For those of us that always want White on the bottom due to dyslexia and or factors. This would make this site a cut above!!
    yeah, this would be kinda nice
  4. Joined
    20 Apr '07
    Moves
    30 Dec '07 17:22
    Flipping the board constantly is what is the pain! Annoying at least and in a rage at worst. Seems like a simple request that would certainly add to the quality of this site, similar to seeing Weyer lose to me 🙂)- Anyway I think it is a good request and a simple coding request also. Thanks.
  5. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 Dec '07 08:361 edit
    On this site we have a long list of things we can set to suit our personal preferences - just look at the list under My Settings. The one that appears to be missing is something like "when I log in, set the various screens to my standard preferences" or "to the last preference setting that I did". This "flip board" thing, and many other little preferences, could be set to come up every time if we had this.

Enjoy your New Year festivities, Russ and Chris, we'll be back soon with our new wish lists for 2008! 🙂
  6. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Dec '07 08:58
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    On this site we have a long list of things we can set to suit our personal preferences - just look at the list under My Settings. The one that appears to be missing is something like "when I log in, set the various screens to my standard preferences" or "to the last preference setting that I did". This "flip board" thing, and many other little preference ...[text shortened]... ear festivities, Russ and Chris, we'll be back soon with our new wish lists for 2008! 🙂
    Jesus wept. One (1) click to flip your board as opposed to hours of reworked code just to appease a couple of sloth minded bints.

Take it to GK spankies.

skeeter
  7. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    31 Dec '07 16:39
    Originally posted by skeeter
    Jesus wept. One (1) click to flip your board as opposed to hours of reworked code just to appease a couple of sloth minded bints.

Take it to GK spankies.

skeeter
    Hours of reworked code? How many hours?

No one is claiming this is a huge problem (it isn't), but it would be nice.

This does not by any stretch deserve to be on the top of the priority pile for feature requests, but if it doesn't take too long to implement it would be a nice touch.
  8. Joined
    20 Apr '07
    Moves
    31 Dec '07 19:58
    According to your country flag you don't beleive in Jesus. If you have nothing positive to contribute, nothing would be nice! This would be an easy addition; I didn't purport preferencial treatment but a nice plus to a great site!
  9. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 Dec '07 21:37
    and a Happy New Year to you too, skeeter 😉
  10. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    31 Dec '07 22:24
    According to your country flag you don't beleive in Jesus.
    What does his belief or non-belief in jesus have to do with anything?
  11. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Jan '08 01:12
    I think he's referring to skeeter's use of "jesus wept" as an expletive, nothing more than that.
  12. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    01 Jan '08 14:33
    According to your country flag you don't beleive in Jesus.
    There are lots of christians in Israel. Your conclusion is not supported logically by the evidence.
  13. Joined
    20 Apr '07
    Moves
    01 Jan '08 15:33
    Let us digress to the original missive; an addition to ones personal profile to have white always on the bottom with the play board as well as the analysis board. A simple suggestion, a simple change to enhance a wonderful chess site!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree