1. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    17 Jun '05 15:181 edit
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Ravenswood is now trying to make a point in the Open Invites section now, I guess.
    I'm with Ragnorak on this one, who really cares?

Ravenswood: <sarcasm>What a great idea. Making the "problem" worse will surely make it go away.</sarcasm>

--tmetzler
  2. CN85nm
    Moves
    17 Jun '05 17:13
    Originally posted by tmetzler
    I'm with Ragnorak on this one, who really cares?

Ravenswood: <sarcasm>What a great idea. Making the "problem" worse will surely make it go away.</sarcasm>

--tmetzler
    Sometimes you have to make a slightly annoying trait even more so to get it noticed.

I won't keep them up there for weeks. Days maybe, but not much longer.

It's not the listings of those that stay up long on the list, or even that they have open invites that are unreasonable: it's the fact that some take advantage of a 'weakness' in the system so they can 'tag' the open invite areas. Creswinman for instance, is plugging his website.

f
  3. Joined
    15 Mar '05
    Moves
    17 Jun '05 19:21
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Just a quick question to the people who have posted here... how can such a little thing annoy you so much?

D
    I can answer this one, even though the open invites situation doesn't bother me, I can understand why it bothers some. The current situation is that a few users are using the section as a personal billboard. If everyone starts doing that, eventually you will have to flip through 30 pages of advertisement invites before you get to see an invite that you are able to accept. If, or when it gets to that point, it might bother you as much as it bothers the people who are being vocal when the problem is just starting.
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '05 08:05
    Why not have an option to show only those invites that you are able to accept as a default.All other invites can then be shown seperate.
  5. CN85nm
    Moves
    18 Jun '05 12:44
    One of our spammers (JohnEWUNDA) dropped me this line today.

"If you had bothered to ask me friend I would have told you my 8 yr old son set up my games. I haven't spammed anyone. Do you think I'm collecting emails? Then I would have set a low rating. The few replies I've had thought it was funny. You are the only offensive person who didn't have the manners to ask."

Of course, I DID ask, quoted here for posterity:

"From: ravenswood Active
    Date: Jun 10 09:52
    Subject: nobody in thier right mind...

... would take this game. White to move and soon win with g1xR+ then RxR and downhill from there. AND there's only one player that meets your rating limits and I doubt he'd take you up on it.

So I'm asking myself, 'Why would a person do that?'

Any ideas?

f"

I just replied, asking if he knows better (seemingly unlike his 8-year-old), then why is it still there?

f
  6. Joined
    13 Mar '04
    Moves
    18 Jun '05 13:18
    I can help you there Ravenswood. Because it bothers you so much I won't take it down. I assumed your question was rhetorical that's why I didn't answer you, as I have others who emailed me. I was wrong to say you hadn't asked, so apologies for that as I didn't pay much attention to your original email. BTW if anyone petitions RHP to stop or limit open invites, I promise I'll sign it. My 8 yr old son set up the invite as I have told Redwood ad infinitum.So Redwood , can you show me one person I've spammed? Didn't think so. Toodle Pip!
  7. In your face
    Moves
    18 Jun '05 13:44
    Originally posted by JohnEWUNDA
    I can help you there Ravenswood. Because it bothers you so much I won't take it down.
    Oh dear. How sad. 😞
  8. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    18 Jun '05 14:48
    I can help you there Ravenswood. Because it bothers you so much I won't take it down. I assumed your question was rhetorical that's why I didn't answer you, as I have others who emailed me. I was wrong to say you hadn't asked, so apologies for that as I didn't pay much attention to your original email. BTW if anyone petitions RHP to stop or limit ope ...[text shortened]... d infinitum.So Redwood , can you show me one person I've spammed? Didn't think so. Toodle Pip!
    So can you explain us why that invite is still there after ten days?
    What's the purpose?
  9. Joined
    13 Mar '04
    Moves
    18 Jun '05 14:57
    I didn't put it there. For me it has no purpose! Most people who emailed me were good natured or curious, Some were abusive tho. Would it make you happy If I removed it? Is it really such a big deal to you?
  10. Joined
    13 Mar '04
    Moves
    18 Jun '05 15:001 edit
    A logical point at last from sb, Rheyman! I'll remove the ones my son put there.
    JohnEWUNDA
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jun '05 15:00
    Current score, JohnEWUNDA 3 - 10 ravenswood.
    come on Johnny get your finger out, you can do better than that ;-)
  12. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    18 Jun '05 15:01
    I didn't put it there. For me it has no purpose! Most people who emailed me were good natured or curious, Some were abusive tho. Would it make you happy If I removed it? Is it really such a big deal to you?
    I already answered in the thread "Open invites cluttered by crappy invites........." in this same forum,and if you can't figure out by yourself why it bothers so much so many people well,I don't know what to say more.

Just take a look at the "Open invites" page now..........
  13. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    18 Jun '05 15:02
    A logical point at last from sb, Rheyman! I'll remove the ones my son put there.
    JohnEWUNDA
    Was it so hard to do?
  14. Joined
    13 Mar '04
    Moves
    18 Jun '05 15:07
    Two points though Ravello. Ravenswood called me a spammer which I am not. He also made a game name that people should message me, so perhaps he is a spammer. He still hasn't shown me a single link I've made or spam emails I've sent.
    PS I've tried to delete Open invites made in my name but can't. Can NE1 tell me how? TIA
  15. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    18 Jun '05 15:10

PS I've tried to delete Open invites made in my name but can't. Can NE1 tell me how? TIA
    Are you joking?

The games have no move history and you should have a "delete" link near the game name.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree