joke forum

joke forum

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
03 Jan 05

lots of good jokes on the site, lots of people whinging about them polluting the general forum...

e.g. http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=18181 (not the first time I have seen it discussed)

solution = a jokes forum. worth putting to the vote maybe?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
03 Jan 05

Originally posted by rhb
lots of good jokes on the site, lots of people whinging about them polluting the general forum...

e.g. http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=18181 (not the first time I have seen it discussed)

It is always tough to get a new forum... but considering the JOKE SPAM going on I hope Russ will consider it.

P-

A
Lazy Sod

Everywhere

Moves
04 Jan 05

Originally posted by rhb

seconded - sounds like a good idea

F
9 Edits

London

Moves
05 Jan 05

sounds like a good idea. incidentally: joke: why are womens feet smaller than mens?

fred

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
05 Jan 05

We could try it, but I am not inclined too. If there is one forum type that really causes moderation problems, it is humour forums. Everyone has their own taste when it comes to jokes, and it is really hard to please all. (The sexist & racist accusations would not take long to appear, I can assure you.)

I recall an old job I had where a humour mailing list was closed when someone posted a picture of a xxxxx doing xxxx to a xxxxx.

(Replace xxxxx with your nearest guess, and you probably not be too far wrong...)

It illustrates the problem. One person found it funny, the rest of us threw up.

-Russ

F
9 Edits

London

Moves
05 Jan 05

Originally posted by Russ
We could try it, but I am not inclined too. If there is one forum type that really causes moderation problems, it is humour forums. Everyone has their own taste when it comes to jokes, and it is really hard to please all. (The sexist & racist accusations would not take long to appear, I can assure you.)

I recall an old job I had where a humour mailing list ...[text shortened]... )

It illustrates the problem. One person found it funny, the rest of us threw up.

-Russ
yea but you cant send pictures through the forums. i think it would be a good idea.it would of course have to be highly moderated but i think some light entertainment on the site could be good!

fred

T

Moves
05 Jan 05

Given that we do have a joke thread as it were, could not a moderator shift posts in a new joke thread into the single joke thread when they can be bothered?

It would remove the general forum clutter, keep the jokes there and avoid an ever increasing number of forums.

Its only the odd new poster that starts doing the spam thing: once they find the standard joke thread that should stop most of the problem ('till the next new joke-poster comes along).

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
05 Jan 05

I never finished my story.

SHE almost lost her job.

-Russ

M
me, not you

CaNaDa

Moves
08 Jan 05

another site I'm on has a forum called "The Pit".. its pretty much anything goes.. and if you don't like it you don't go in there.. essentially its almost an un moderated forum.. You could do it that way.. have a warning say 18 and over.. and that no complaints can be made about posts in this forum