"Jump to first unread post"-option

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D

Moves
21 Sep 11
1 edit

Would it be possible to implement this option into the forums? It is my experience that some threads move at such a pace that on my next visit it's quite difficult to find out where exactly I left off during my last visit.

On another forum I go to they have the "jump to first unread post"-option in each thread, which makes it easy to keep up with the threads you are following, without having to browse through pages searching for the lasts posts you've read during previous visits.

I believe this would make the forums much more user friendly, especially to those who are, for whatever reason, unable or unwilling to visit the forums on a daily basis.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
21 Sep 11

Originally posted by Demure
Would it be possible to implement this option into the forums? It is my experience that some threads move at such a pace that on my next visit it's quite difficult to find out where exactly I left off during my last visit.

On another forum I go to they have the "jump to first unread post"-option in each thread, which makes it easy to keep up with the threa ...[text shortened]... hose who are, for whatever reason, unable or unwilling to visit the forums on a daily basis.
If that is all you have to worry about in your life you need to get a new one. 😛

All the posts are timed, if you last visited yesterday at 3.12 pm then you know you only need to view posts written after 3.12pm yesterday.

You could jump right back into any thread at any point on time and think you had never left, its all yada yada yada...

D

Moves
21 Sep 11
1 edit

Originally posted by adramforall
If that is all you have to worry about in your life you need to get a new one. 😛

All the posts are timed, if you last visited yesterday at 3.12 pm then you know you only need to view posts written after 3.12pm yesterday.

You could jump right back into any thread at any point on time and think you had never left, its all yada yada yada...
I never said I worried about it. I merely suggested it would be a nice addition. 😉

Of course you are right, there are many ways of finding the last posts you've read. Nevertheless, it'd be much easier if you could get there with one click.

I'm lazy by nature (and I'm sure many with me). Sue me. 😛

Hell

Moves
21 Sep 11

That would mean the site had to remember which posts each user has read. Something of an overhead. Still, if something indicated which forums had posts I hadn't read, I would probably give them more attention.