1. Joined
    18 Sep '06
    Moves
    3841
    30 Jun '09 12:49
    i reckon it'd be a good idea to start a kriegspiel app for the site. If you don't know what it is check it out at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kriegspiel_(chess)

    It's kind of a mix between chess and battleships. Same piece movements, but based on the idea of not seeing what your opponent is doing.
  2. Standard membermochiron
    The Don
    Nihon
    Joined
    23 May '05
    Moves
    163522
    01 Jul '09 13:33
    check out Schemingmind.com

    they have it and many other variations. TFC is in no hurry for variations. they dont even have 960 chess as an easy option.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    01 Jul '09 14:33
    Originally posted by mochiron
    check out Schemingmind.com

    they have it and many other variations. TFC is in no hurry for variations. they dont even have 960 chess as an easy option.
    Well, Fisher Random there is on this site, but without the special castling rules...
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    1795
    01 Jul '09 15:323 edits
    I'm currently working on some new code, effectively what could be the new core of RHP, which will play regular orthodox chess, as we have now, and any number of variants. I intend to support as many as possible - currently at about 15, but this should go *way* higher. I’m building for flexibility from day 1, so in theory, they can be added at request.

    Once this code is proven, and the plan is to release it on to a variant focused site to do this, then I can work out how to add it to RHP. No time scales on this though! RHP was never built to support variants, and it will be an interesting job to shoe horn them in now. One step at a time.
  5. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    18388
    01 Jul '09 18:271 edit
    Originally posted by Russ
    I'm currently working on some new code, effectively what could be the new core of RHP, which will play regular orthodox chess, as we have now, and any number of variants. I intend to support as many as possible - currently at about 15, but this should go *way* higher. I’m building for flexibility from day 1, so in theory, they can be added at request.

    Once ...[text shortened]... pport variants, and it will be an interesting job to shoe horn them in now. One step at a time.
    I heartily applaud this - but would prefer true 960 to added to the current site before those grandiose plans! 🙂
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    1795
    01 Jul '09 18:55
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    I heartily applaud this - but would prefer true 960 to added to the current site before those grandiose plans! 🙂
    Yes, I have been giving this some thought since I made the above post, and yes, I agree. Proper 960 support could be added with few changes, and therefore little risk, to what exists currently.
Back to Top