1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Mar '11 16:35
    There should be a button that if hit automatically challenges the player highest up
    the ladder that is available. You could set an auto challenge button too that does
    the same thing. I forget to check when I can challenge someone on the ladders
    I play on, since I want to move to the top I'd like to do it as quickly as possible
    and this would help.
    Kelly
  2. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    12 Mar '11 21:33
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    There should be a button that if hit automatically challenges the player highest up
    the ladder that is available. You could set an auto challenge button too that does
    the same thing. I forget to check when I can challenge someone on the ladders
    I play on, since I want to move to the top I'd like to do it as quickly as possible
    and this would help.
    Kelly
    A default button could be do challenge the highest rated player up the ladder that's the best match.

The formula could be something like:

challenge the highest rated player up the ladder so long as the rating strength is equal or less to your own
    and, if all players up the ladder are higher rated, then
    Challenge the highest rated player up the ladder who has the smallest margin advantage if all players up the ladder are higher rated
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Mar '11 01:521 edit
    Originally posted by coquette
    A default button could be do challenge the highest rated player up the ladder that's the best match.

The formula could be something like:

challenge the highest rated player up the ladder so long as the rating strength is equal or less to your own
    and, if all players up the ladder are higher rated, then
    Challenge the highest rated player up the ladder who has the smallest margin advantage if all players up the ladder are higher rated
    I want the highest, if is someone much higher than me by rating so be it. 🙂 It is all
    about chess and climbing the ladder if I can get a very high rated player I'm even
    happier.
    Kelly
  4. Joined
    18 Mar '08
    Moves
    13 Mar '11 12:12
    This would mean peanuts. Just pay attention. Finish your game, challenge.

What would make more sense for 'going up quick', is a system that relegates inactive players. As asked in plenty of threads.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Apr '11 23:33
    Originally posted by BartVH
    This would mean peanuts. Just pay attention. Finish your game, challenge.

What would make more sense for 'going up quick', is a system that relegates inactive players. As asked in plenty of threads.
    Its done in tournaments why not ladders?
    I carry a lot of games, and if I'm not careful I could space restarting a new ladder
    game slowing up possible progress.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree