Larger Subscriber Profiles

Larger Subscriber Profiles

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T
Mr T

I pity the fool!

Moves
22 Sep 07

I think it would be a nice idea if subscribers were allowed a bit more space in their profiles then non subscribers - I find it can be a little hard to squeeze everything I want to say into such a small space.

M

Moves
22 Sep 07

I'm not keen on this idea - the allowed text is plenty big enough - but what I'd like to see is a one-screen profile that loads more quickly - at the moment clicking on a profile link is not something I want to do.

F

Moves
22 Sep 07

Originally posted by MissOleum
I'm not keen on this idea - the allowed text is plenty big enough - but what I'd like to see is a one-screen profile that loads more quickly - at the moment clicking on a profile link is not something I want to do.
The one we have today is good enough.
But what about a page two where you can write whatever you like, having what pictures you want, like your own home page about yourself. Within limits of course....

M

Moves
22 Sep 07

Originally posted by FabianFnas
But what about a [b]page two
where you can write whatever you like, having what pictures you want, like your own home page about yourself. Within limits of course....[/b]
Shorten page 1, put all the pictures onto page 2 and just have profile text and statistics and graph on page 1. Then put lots of stuff onto page 2 and make it subscribers only. Another "point of difference" that should encourage new subscribers without handicapping non-subscribers. 🙂

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirate™

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
22 Sep 07

Originally posted by FabianFnas
But what about a [b]page two
where you can write whatever you like, having what pictures you want, like your own home page about yourself. Within limits of course....[/b]
What's that got to do with RHP?

If you want your own blog then there are PLENTY of free sites that offer that service. You might as well create one there and post the link to it in your RHP profile.

T
Mr T

I pity the fool!

Moves
22 Sep 07

I just think it would be good if you could have more then 200 words on the profile. What about if it was 200 for subscribers but 2000 for subscribes and an extra picture or two were allowed.

DMM

USA

Moves
22 Sep 07

Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
I just think it would be good if you could have more then 200 words on the profile. What about if it was 200 for subscribers but 2000 for subscribes and an extra picture or two were allowed.
So subs get 10 times more space than non-subs?

DS

Moves
23 Sep 07

But why should non-subscribers be allowed to know more about subscribers than subscribers know about them? 😲

T
Mr T

I pity the fool!

Moves
23 Sep 07

It gives them something to aspire towards.

F

Moves
23 Sep 07

Originally posted by Daemon Sin
What's that got to do with RHP?

If you want your own blog then there are PLENTY of free sites that offer that service. You might as well create one there and post the link to it in your RHP profile.
RHP is more than chess, it's a community for people interested in chess. So a place where you can present yourself and your ideas, philosophy, your games, your, whatever, would be appreciated by some people. The space to do this on the current profile is not enough for that.

I don't like the 1st profile should be cluttered with more information, therefore I'm happy with 1st page as it is, but a 2nd page for thos who wish it.

RHP is a community.

DS

Moves
23 Sep 07

It gives them something to aspire towards.
Or yet another thing to alienate them?

T
Mr T

I pity the fool!

Moves
23 Sep 07

There would be no point paying for the site if subscribers didnt get better features, that is quite a communist attitude you have there young man.

DS

Moves
23 Sep 07
2 edits

There would be no point paying for the site if subscribers didnt get better features, that is quite a communist attitude you have there young man.
No because we non-subscribers would be getting extra info on subscribers.
Not that I would personally want it or care about the profile thingy either really - so ok, I'm in favour of this idea.
Good luck with that. 😏