1. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    2014.05.01
    Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    92274
    18 Nov '09 00:111 edit
    In tournaments, if you have clinched first place in your group, you are allowed to proceed on to the next round. [Crosstable says "Group Decided".] The tourney is not held up waiting for irrelevant games to finish.

    Could we do the same for Clan Leagues?

    Right now, two leagues are held up, waiting for a single, irrelevant game to finish.
    http://www.chessatwork.com/clanleague/index.php?leagueid=2
    http://www.chessatwork.com/clanleague/index.php?leagueid=1
  2. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Joined
    09 May '05
    Moves
    42859
    18 Nov '09 01:16
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    In tournaments, if you have clinched first place in your group, you are allowed to proceed on to the next round. [Crosstable says "Group Decided".] The tourney is not held up waiting for irrelevant games to finish.

    Could we do the same for Clan Leagues?

    Right now, two leagues are held up, waiting for a single, irrelevant game to finish.
    http://www ...[text shortened]... om/clanleague/index.php?leagueid=2
    http://www.chessatwork.com/clanleague/index.php?leagueid=1
    Great idea, i recd it twice but that didnt work.

    Leagues are great but do take alot of time (even the 1/14). Starting new seasons as soon as possible is a must!

    (btw, the game in the 1day league is acutally not that irrelevant, if the clan in position 7 wins that game they could still get a (shared) position 6).
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    2014.05.01
    Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    92274
    18 Nov '09 01:321 edit
    Originally posted by zozozozo
    (btw, the game in the 1day league is acutally not that irrelevant, if the clan in position 7 wins that game they could still get a (shared) position 6).
    Yes, but they would not change division next season, regardless of the outcome. It's irrelevant from a division promotion/relegation perspective.
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10264
    18 Nov '09 01:47
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Yes, but they would not change division next season, regardless of the outcome. It's irrelevant from a division promotion/relegation perspective.
    thing is because of teams not entering for the next season, the top/bottom two aren't the only ones to move division so as long as there's games being played that decide what position a couple of teams finish are being played a new season can't start. agreed if they games truly mean nothing though.
  5. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Joined
    09 May '05
    Moves
    42859
    18 Nov '09 08:45
    Originally posted by trev33
    thing is because of teams not entering for the next season, the top/bottom two aren't the only ones to move division so as long as there's games being played that decide what position a couple of teams finish are being played a new season can't start. agreed if they games truly mean nothing though.
    True.
    And besides that, if The Mustangs could still climb a spot i'd want to know, regardless of the spot.
    Also, if you talk about games that do "not change division next season", you are saying the first couple spots in the first division dont matter?😉

    I think a new season should be set up as soon as there are no games left that could change a clans position. It happens quite often that the whole league-playing-community is waiting on some individuals who play thier already won/lost game extremely slow (within thier right tho, but its not cool that everyone should wait for that...).
    I vote faster turnover of league seasons!
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    18 Nov '09 09:20
    Why not prepare fo the next season right now? It will take a couple of weeks until the next season starts anyway. By then the last games is finished.
  7. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Joined
    09 May '05
    Moves
    42859
    18 Nov '09 16:12
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Why not prepare fo the next season right now? It will take a couple of weeks until the next season starts anyway. By then the last games is finished.
    Thats also a good idea. Already preparing for a next season when there are an X amount of games left for the previous season.
    There are usually a couple of months inbetween league seasons. If you compare this to tournaments or something, they get new ones nearly every day!?
Back to Top