Let people make public tourneys

Let people make public tourneys

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
02 May 14

RHP should have a process by which you can get the right to create public tourneys. That way we would not have to wait around for the site admin to (maybe) make the one we want.

Australia

Moves
02 May 14

Thread 158034

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
02 May 14

Originally posted by Kewpie
Thread 158034
Indeed.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
03 May 14

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
RHP should have a process by which you can get the right to create public tourneys. That way we would not have to wait around for the site admin to (maybe) make the one we want.
That would be cool. But could you imagine thousand paying members of this site making tournaments. They'd never be filled.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
03 May 14
1 edit

Originally posted by RBHILL
That would be cool. But could you imagine thousand paying members of this site making tournaments. They'd never be filled.
That's why I'd suggest a process by which experienced and trusted members of the site could be nominated for the role. Letting everyone make unlimited tourneys would be chaos.

Australia

Moves
03 May 14

I seem to recall that clan leaders have the power to create public tournaments, with participation limited to those lucky invitees who know the password. If this is so, any clan leader could create a tourney and show the password somewhere like the tournaments forum.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
03 May 14

I seem to recall that clan leaders have the power to create public tournaments, with participation limited to those lucky invitees who know the password. If this is so, any clan leader could create a tourney and show the password somewhere like the tournaments forum.
Those don't get enough mid-grade to strong players. The audience is simply not wide enough.

Australia

Moves
03 May 14
1 edit

Did you realise there are more than 200 partly-filled tournaments sitting on the "All Private" tournaments page? The great majority will be club tournaments, and most of them will never fill. So we already have the chaos. I think the whole tournaments area needs a closer look. Unfortunately we forum readers/posters are a minority of the players, so any discussion on the topic is only going to get a few opinions.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
04 May 14

Did you realise there are more than 200 partly-filled tournaments sitting on the "All Private" tournaments page? The great majority will be club tournaments, and most of them will never fill. So we already have the chaos. I think the whole tournaments area needs a closer look. Unfortunately we forum readers/posters are a minority of the players, so any discussion on the topic is only going to get a few opinions.
They never fill because the vast majority of players aren't going to bother to join a club to play tournaments. The average newcomer to the site would expect to see a good selection of available tournaments after they click the 'tournaments' button at the top of the page. It really should be that simple.