1. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 02:04
    I find it hard to click the like button when someone posts an inspiring but sad story. To say you'd recommend reading a post is quite different than liking it in some cases.
    My 2 cents
  2. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 04:24
    The whole thumbs thing is so pointless. Bring back recs, I say! People recommend posts that others might enjoy reading, they thumb posts to no purpose other than to thumb posters. If we must have thumbs to give the kiddies something to play with, at least give us back the ability to rec posts worth reading ...
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 12:09
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    The whole thumbs thing is so pointless. Bring back recs, I say! People recommend posts that others might enjoy reading, they thumb posts to no purpose other than to thumb posters. If we must have thumbs to give the kiddies something to play with, at least give us back the ability to rec posts worth reading ...
    supported
  4. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    31 Jan '12 01:311 edit
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    There is no difference between thumbs and recs. Both pointless.

There were several highly recommended posts under the rec system which contained ONE word, which meant that the post was no more than a popularity contest. Why would anyone enjoy reading a ONE word post?

Being taken to a list of posts that have been "rec'd" by people just means that you may get to see posts you would rather ignore.
  5. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    31 Jan '12 22:14
    Or maybe we should just limit the amount of thumbs one person can give out??? Kind of like the amount of wrecks that were available per month.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Feb '12 05:14
    It is lots of fun to see someone get 33 thumbs down! 😏

I will not mention any names. 😉
  7. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    16 Feb '12 22:16
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    It is lots of fun to see someone get 33 thumbs down! 😏

I will not mention any names. 😉
    Some people are easily amused though.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Feb '12 01:48
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Some people are easily amused though.
    Like yourself! 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree