Moves
    14 Apr '11 00:35
    That's the idea.
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    14 Apr '11 00:37
    Don't limit reading forums, limit posting in forums. Then re-combine all the forums into 3 or 4. Otherwise there wouldn't be enough activity to bring people here. Just my two cents' worth.
  3. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    14 Apr '11 01:49
    Originally posted by JS357
    That's the idea.
    How about allowing six posts say per month, it's a pleasing number and ties in nicely with the six maximum ongoing games...yet another carrot is dangled before the non sub, far more importantly than the innumerable games, and the ceasing of adverts, would be lifting the public forum restrictions and be able to post complete drivel en masse'...it would make an excellent '$40 subscribe now' ad' campaign 😀
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    14 Apr '11 02:30
    That's the idea.
    Opposed.
  5. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    14 Apr '11 13:02
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    How about allowing six posts say per month, it's a pleasing number and ties in nicely with the six maximum ongoing games...yet another carrot is dangled before the non sub, far more importantly than the innumerable games, and the ceasing of adverts, would be lifting the public forum restrictions and be able to post complete drivel en masse'...it would make an excellent '$40 subscribe now' ad' campaign 😀
    6 posts per month = numerous new ID'S created just to post.
  6. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    14 Apr '11 13:052 edits
    That's the idea.
    While is may seem a good idea it would reduce site traffic, after all if a non sub can't post what is the use of them reading the threads?
  7. Delft, Netherlands
    Moves
    14 Apr '11 13:27
    First off, denying access to the forums for non-subs makes them unable to see what the community is like in this site and makes it less likely they will subscribe to the site.

Secondly a healthy discussion is a good thing. Any abuse can be reported to the admins to ban the particular person. If you are afraid people don't agree with you or your opinion isn't shown enough then perhaps forums aren't your thing. The forums are here to let everyone show their opinion on different subjects and so keep a good community going. Non-subs can be good contributors to the community just as subribers can be.

Do you have bad experience with non-subs flooding the forums you visit JS357?
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    14 Apr '11 13:32

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    14 Apr '11 14:59
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    seconded, why should the rich (lol) only be allowed to post
  10. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    15 Apr '11 22:111 edit
    Originally posted by roma45
    ....why should the rich ONLY be allowed to post?
    Simple, to keep the 'riff raff' out 😛
  11. Standard memberdrdon
    His Mateship
    Glowing in the dark
    Moves
    01 May '11 01:49
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Simple, to keep the 'riff raff' out 😛
    I agree! If players are serious enough to want to contribute, the subscription fee is but a small price to pay.

Why should the advantages of subscription be eroded? The 'riff raff' could even save their pocket money to subscribe if they felt strongly enough about needing to contribute.

With the value of the $US slipping further down the toilet each day, subscriptions are likely to become even better value.
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    01 May '11 02:10
    Originally posted by drdon
    I agree! If players are serious enough to want to contribute, the subscription fee is but a small price to pay.

Why should the advantages of subscription be eroded? The 'riff raff' could even save their pocket money to subscribe if they felt strongly enough about needing to contribute.

how many forums do you know of that you have pay to post on? tell me you're joking please. rhp forums are in bad enough state at the moment without taking away some of its posters.

With the value of the $US slipping further down the toilet each day, subscriptions are likely to become even better value.

the dollar's in good shape against the euro and pound.
  13. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    01 May '11 04:59
    And the US dollar is very ill against the Aussie dollar. I've just paid $A38.31 to renew (last time it was $A45.23). Maybe I should buy a barrowload of US$ to put under the mattress ...
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    01 May '11 06:18
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    And the US dollar is very ill against the Aussie dollar. I've just paid $A38.31 to renew (last time it was $A45.23). Maybe I should buy a barrowload of US$ to put under the mattress ...
    3 years ago £1 got you $2, for the past 2 years £1 has converted into $1.45-$1.65. good times for russ and chris.
  15. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    02 May '11 00:40
    Originally posted by trev33
    3 years ago £1 got you $2, for the past 2 years £1 has converted into $1.45-$1.65. good times for russ and chris.
    Actually I think it's the other way around, RHP charges in USD, so what profit comes back to the UK is smaller than it used to be. Still, at least they're paying for their US server in USD. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree