Limit Subscriber Games

Limit Subscriber Games

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
12 Feb 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Very Rusty
LOL....Not if you are the Mod that removed the garbage of a certain thread, which I think you may be...The other part ....about 3c's are all pissed off after taking on 500 games...I have no idea where you get that....LOL.... Special treatment for some was suggested at most !!!

For the most part I think the mods do a good job getting rid of the garbage, in posts.
I'm not sure what post you're thinking of, or why you would think it was me out of several mods...

I do remove my share of garbage I will admit, but can't say it's more than any other mod here. Probably less, I try to wait for alerts and not act on my personal feelings about a subject or post.

P-

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Feb 07

Originally posted by DoctorDara
That's stupid, no one's twisting these people to play them even if they play 500 games. If you don't want to play people with a certain number of games going simply look at their profile and cancel the game before you both make your third move. Easy solution.
Actually not so easy: If you are playing them in a tournament you have NO CHOICE !!!!

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Feb 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Phlabibit
I'm not sure what post you're thinking of, or why you would think it was me out of several mods...

I do remove my share of garbage I will admit, but can't say it's more than any other mod here. Probably less, I try to wait for alerts and not act on my personal feelings about a subject or post.

P-
Oh probably because two posts by a certain person have been removed from another thread by a mod, and it probably wouldn't be unusual for that mod, to check out to see what was going on in other threads I was in. Just a wild guess of course on my part. I could be completely mistaken !!!

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirate™

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
12 Feb 07

I would think being around so long most of you would know that this is for site ideas, not "Site Debates" !!! I am just a new guy and I already have that one figured out !!!
A lame, hypocritcal excuses considering you've just flooded a page and half with you own 'debate'.

Care to answer my question now, or gonna cower out and dodge it again?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Feb 07

Originally posted by Daemon Sin
A lame, hypocritcal excuses considering you've just flooded a page and half with you own 'debate'.

Care to answer my question now, or gonna cower out and dodge it again?
If you learn how to speak in a civil tone, I may consider answering.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
12 Feb 07

Originally posted by DoctorDara
That's stupid, no one's twisting these people to play them even if they play 500 games. If you don't want to play people with a certain number of games going simply look at their profile and cancel the game before you both make your third move. Easy solution.
What's stupid? Rating floors?

I don't care how many games my opponent has going, and never said that I do (except to defend that they can have as many as they want).

I do care when a 1700 player that I have worked hard to beat has just resigned four games to me as part of the 80 games s/he resigned at once to get a more reasonable load. As a consequence that person is now 900. I gained nothing for my wins, and lots of players are gonna lose more than they ought as that player slowlyy climbs back up to 1700.

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirate™

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
12 Feb 07

If you learn how to speak in a civil tone, I may consider answering.
You want my respect then you've got to earn it, spanky.

Besides, you kicked it off with a needless, sarcastic remark so there's no point throwing your toys out of the pram now.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Feb 07
1 edit

You want my respect then you've got to earn it, spanky.

Besides, you kicked it off with a needless, sarcastic remark so there's no point throwing your toys out of the pram now.
If you sir can not talk in a civil tone, you will not get a response from me.

About Daemon Sin in your Profile, tells me how you view people, I was not impressed by your comments.

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirate™

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
12 Feb 07

If you sir can not talk in a civil tone, you will not get a response from me.

About Daemon Sin in your Profile, tells me how you view people, I was not impressed by your comments.
No, it tells you what I WANT you to perceive about my views of people here. You shouldn't believe everything you read online.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Feb 07

No, it tells you what I WANT you to perceive about my views of people here. You shouldn't believe everything you read online.
So you are telling me not to believe anything you have typed? I wouldn't have any problem with that at all....lol.....🙄

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirate™

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
12 Feb 07

So you are telling me not to believe anything you have typed? I wouldn't have any problem with that at all....lol.....🙄
If you sir, were not to believe anything I typed because you read my previous statement of not believing you read online, then it would only further my previous accusation of your hypocrisy.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Feb 07

If you sir, were not to believe anything I typed because you read my previous statement of not believing you read online, then it would only further my previous accusation of your hypocrisy.
You have indeed many tongues to suit your purpose, of course you would most likely be more knowledgeable with "hypocrisy" than I Sir.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
13 Feb 07

You have indeed many tongues to suit your purpose, of course you would most likely be more knowledgeable with "hypocrisy" than I Sir.
Ooo sir, your tongue is ever so slippery.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Feb 07
1 edit

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
Ooo sir, your tongue is ever so slippery.
LOL...Just useless banter, that doesn't go anywhere 😀 I suppose it is time to give it a rest!!!

So your view on limit Subscriber Games would be???

D

Moves
14 Feb 07

Originally posted by Wulebgr
What's stupid? Rating floors?

I don't care how many games my opponent has going, and never said that I do (except to defend that they can have as many as they want).

I do care when a 1700 player that I have worked hard to beat has just resigned four games to me as part of the 80 games s/he resigned at once to get a more reasonable load. As a consequenc ...[text shortened]... of players are gonna lose more than they ought as that player slowlyy climbs back up to 1700.
I've never seen someone do this before, drop so many games at once, but then as previously stated I try to keep my own game load around the low to middle 20s. I have noticed a number of players fluctuate, including myself. It is sometimes frustrating to lose a game that costs 20 points which takes 2-3 games to win back. Or the fact that a higher rated player can still lose points against a lower rated player in a draw. The only solution for this would be to count all wins and loses equally like in tournaments, but we don't seem to get this option. It's too bad they don't have 2 ways to rate wins/losses.