1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 18:14
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Well, as a new subscriber, and looking through numberous threads, there have been many complaints about exactly what I have mentioned concerning the ratings. I don't want to mention names, as I don't think that is proper, but actually you have been in some of them, so you know some of the ones who in the past have complained.

Personally, I am not conce ...[text shortened]... 00 day rule doesn't seem to have corrected this problem either from what I have been reading.
    Woah! You zoom through 3 or 4 tangential points there in a couple of sentences.

What exactly is your issue? Has it anything to do with your original post? Do you not realise that the 100 day rule along with rating algorithm will stop 1800s playing in 1200-1300? Do you not realise that it'll take time for the effectiveness of these measures to manifest themselves on a Correspondence Chess site?

D
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 18:282 edits
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Woah! You zoom through 3 or 4 tangential points there in a couple of sentences.

What exactly is your issue? Has it anything to do with your original post? Do you not realise that the 100 day rule along with rating algorithm will stop 1800s playing in 1200-1300? Do you not realise that it'll take time for the effectiveness of these measures to manifest themselves on a Correspondence Chess site?

D
    Not being a long standing member such as yourself, I am not as familiar with these issues as you obviously are. I assume with time, eventually it should cure the problem, that will be seen of course.
    I had thought that I had explained what My Issue was. " FAIRNESS" Actually while we are on the subject, there also seems to be a two teir rule. Some can bash , call names, insult someone down to the lowest, and all that happens is their posting are removed by the Moderators.
    With others, it seems, they don't have to say or do near as much, and they get hit with rule 3 (c)....Or is this just my lack of knowledge in what is going on?
    P.S. As you know I can't mention anyones name
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 19:07
    Not being a long standing member such as yourself, I am not as familiar with these issues as you obviously are. I assume with time, eventually it should cure the problem, that will be seen of course.
    I had thought that I had explained what My Issue was. " FAIRNESS" Actually while we are on the subject, there also seems to be a two teir rule. Some can b ...[text shortened]... my lack of knowledge in what is going on?
    P.S. As you know I can't mention anyones name
    Why are you continually trying to bring your thread off topic?

Name names all you want. You just can't accuse them of cheating.

What were you 3c'd for that you're so bent out of shape about?

D
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 19:191 edit
    Why are you continually trying to bring your thread off topic?

Name names all you want. You just can't accuse them of cheating.

What were you 3c'd for that you're so bent out of shape about?

D
    You asked me what my Issue was I told you. I don't believe 3 (c) is cheating is it? I believe you are thinking of 3 (b) of which I made no mention of. I know it was just a simple mistake on your part.

But you should check before telling someone they are accusing someone of cheating!!! I am sure you didn't do it intentionally, you are forgiven 🙂

P.S. I have never been 3c'd as you put it, as I mentioned before I am a new subscriber, just learning how things work.
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 19:331 edit
    You asked me what my Issue was I told you. I don't believe 3 (c) is cheating is it? I believe you are thinking of 3 (b) of which I made no mention of. I know it was just a simple mistake on your part.

But you should check before telling someone they are accusing someone of cheating!!! I am sure you didn't do it intentionally, you are forgiven 🙂

...[text shortened]... 'd as you put it, as I mentioned before I am a new subscriber, just learning how things work.
    Your Original post: Limit subscriber games.
    Follow up posts: You take issue with people TOing.
    Another follow up post: You take issue with sandbagging.
    I ask you what exactly your site idea/issue is.
    Your reply: You bring up 3cing and moderation inconsistencies. 😕

Where did I tell you that you were accusing somebody of cheating?

If you haven't been 3c'd before, then how can you possibly know what people have been 3c'd for? And how can you complain about moderation inconsistencies if you don't know what people are getting banned for? 😕

As a new user, you may not know this, but I don't make mysteaks. When I say 3c, I mean 3c. I forgive you for being mysteakan.

D
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 19:42
    Your Original post: Limit subscriber games.
    Follow up posts: You take issue with people TOing.
    Another follow up post: You take issue with sandbagging.
    I ask you what exactly your site idea/issue is.
    Your reply: You bring up 3cing and moderation inconsistencies. 😕

Where did I tell you that you were accusing somebody of cheating?

If you haven't b ...[text shortened]... I don't make mysteaks. When I say 3c, I mean 3c. I forgive you for being mysteakan.

D
    I can see by your sarcasm you are upset. why I don't know, why you would ask me if I was 3c'd is well beyond me, as I had already said I was a new subscriber...Sorry if you didn't like the answers I gave you.
    Not looking for an arguement with you, or anyone else for that matter. TOing??? Sandbagging would be part of having all those games going and may not have nothing to do with sandbagging!! Not to say that it isn't done either. Perhaps you spelling of mistakes is humor insteand of sarcasm, we don't know why others do things do we?
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 19:49
    I can see by your sarcasm you are upset. why I don't know, why you would ask me if I was 3c'd is well beyond me, as I had already said I was a new subscriber...Sorry if you didn't like the answers I gave you.
    Not looking for an arguement with you, or anyone else for that matter. TOing??? Sandbagging would be part of having all those games going and may ...[text shortened]... pelling of mistakes is humor insteand of sarcasm, we don't know why others do things do we?
    Ok, I'll keep this simple for you (note sarcasm here)

The post you quoted had no sarcasm in it. A little bit of attempted humour, but no sarcasm.

I asked if you were 3c'd because, as I previously said, there is no other way to know what people get 3c'd for. How can you feasibly complain about something that you have absolutely no clue about?

I can sandbag with only 20odd games going. I can also drop 400-500 points with only 20 odd games going. What's your point?

D
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 20:00
    Ok, I'll keep this simple for you (note sarcasm here)

The post you quoted had no sarcasm in it. A little bit of attempted humour, but no sarcasm.

I asked if you were 3c'd because, as I previously said, there is no other way to know what people get 3c'd for. How can you feasibly complain about something that you have absolutely no clue about?

I ...[text shortened]... oing. I can also drop 400-500 points with only 20 odd games going. What's your point?

D
    I will keep what I know and how I know it to myself, lets just say I know, ( no sarcasm intended) concerning 3 (c) !!

I don't understand. Perhaps you can put it more "Simple so I can understand" (Sarcasm back at you 🙂 ) Are you telling me that you aprove of sandbagging or only that you can do it as easily with 20 "odd" games as well as with 400 or 500?

By the way, I thank you for the Nice friendly and warm welcome to RHP!!
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 20:291 edit
    By the way, I thank you for the Nice friendly and warm welcome to RHP!!
    Any time, Corky. 😉

D
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 20:47
    Any time, Corky. 😉

D
    LOL...Nice to meet you also 🙂
  11. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 22:531 edit
    LOL...Good Point!!! I wonder when you play an 1800 player who is around 1200-1300, because of too many games going, and getting timed out, will you still feel the same way?
    I have; I do.

I did mention in another thread a few days ago that rating floors might be helpful to mitigate the effects of mass time-outs.
  12. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    11 Feb '07 02:00
    I understand now... 3c's are all pissed off after taking on 500 games and the mods suck sandbags.

P-
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Feb '07 04:541 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I understand now... 3c's are all pissed off after taking on 500 games and the mods suck sandbags.

P-
    LOL....Not if you are the Mod that removed the garbage of a certain thread, which I think you may be...The other part ....about 3c's are all pissed off after taking on 500 games...I have no idea where you get that....LOL.... Special treatment for some was suggested at most !!!

For the most part I think the mods do a good job getting rid of the garbage, in posts.
  14. Joined
    09 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 14:16
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    I have; I do.

I did mention in another thread a few days ago that rating floors might be helpful to mitigate the effects of mass time-outs.
    That's stupid, no one's twisting these people to play them even if they play 500 games. If you don't want to play people with a certain number of games going simply look at their profile and cancel the game before you both make your third move. Easy solution.
  15. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 14:29
    Originally posted by DoctorDara
    That's stupid, no one's twisting these people to play them even if they play 500 games. If you don't want to play people with a certain number of games going simply look at their profile and cancel the game before you both make your third move. Easy solution.
    I think it's 3 half moves, so the game must be removed before white makes the second move? Not sure, but there was a thread on this subject some time back.

Perhaps it's changed now??

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree