Live chess

Live chess

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a

Moves
26 Jun 12
1 edit

I know that red hot pawn is a correspondence chess site(An awesome one at that) I do feel the blitz inteface can make way for a better solution. The interface looks similar to the interface(and programming) used on uchess.com. It is not so cleverly engineered, as disconnects happens quite frequently(Even though my internet connection is stable). Though no disconnects are experienced on chess.com. I think I have read somewhere our blitz interface is only in testing phaze.

Isn't it better to re-engineer our very own(Stable) interface or mimic the one chess.com is using? Or will the disconnects issues be sorted out with the current interface.

Apologies if I offended anyone. I would very much like to see more live chess on red hot pawn.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
01 Jul 12

i would like real human people to move around. i would especially enjoy sacrificing a certain knight.

Australia

Moves
02 Jul 12

I'd like to see a blitz board available for regular turn-based games, with an adjourn function and a disable-clock function. It would be great to be able to play a normally-timed chess game with someone in a different timezone. The game could be adjourned whenever either player had something to do away from the computer, like eating or sleeping. That would be REAL global chess.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
06 Jul 12

Once the new board UI is live (it is coming, honest), I'll be looking at replacing the current Flash based blitz client we have now. Flash as a technology has no future, and I have no intention of updating the blitz client in its current form. Can't really comment further on its replacement quite yet though - although it should all work fine on iDevices, unlike the current implementation.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
06 Jul 12

Originally posted by Russ
Once the new board UI is live (it is coming, honest), I'll be looking at replacing the current Flash based blitz client we have now. Flash as a technology has no future, and I have no intention of updating the blitz client in its current form. Can't really comment further on its replacement quite yet though - although it should all work fine on iDevices, unlike the current implementation.
Hopefully if there is going to be a new live interface it will have the essentials:

- chat with other online users both outside and inside a game.
- timestamping of moves to eliminate certain bad results from lag.
- separate ratings for live chess that are immediately updated after each game.
- a 'seek graph' - rating on y-axis, time control on x-axis - showing all the players seeking a game.
- allow players to set whatever time control they want - no preselected dropdown menus
- adjourn games if open has disconnected or 'lagged out'
- option to agree that any player who disconnects will forfeit the game ("no escape"😉.

It's good to hear it won't be written in Flash. Flash does not respond fast enough for blitz games.

Australia

Moves
07 Jul 12

Sounds as if you've been playing Scrabble on isc.ro - you're describing their features well. 🙂

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
07 Jul 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Kewpie
Sounds as if you've been playing Scrabble on isc.ro - you're describing their features well. 🙂
Not only does isc.ro have all this, but chess servers like ICC and FICS as well.