Originally posted by Russ
Once the new board UI is live (it is coming, honest), I'll be looking at replacing the current Flash based blitz client we have now. Flash as a technology has no future, and I have no intention of updating the blitz client in its current form. Can't really comment further on its replacement quite yet though - although it should all work fine on iDevices, unlike the current implementation.
Hopefully if there is going to be a new live interface it will have the essentials:
- chat with other online users both outside and inside a game.
- timestamping of moves to eliminate certain bad results from lag.
- separate ratings for live chess that are immediately updated after each game.
- a 'seek graph' - rating on y-axis, time control on x-axis - showing all the players seeking a game.
- allow players to set whatever time control they want - no preselected dropdown menus
- adjourn games if open has disconnected or 'lagged out'
- option to agree that any player who disconnects will forfeit the game ("no escape"
It's good to hear it won't be written in Flash. Flash does not respond fast enough for blitz games.