1. Behind you...
    Moves
    26 Mar '06 03:302 edits
    Edit: the title should read "top right"... Just shut up and bare with me.

At the top right of this screen is absolutely nothing. A big, white, empty space doing absolutely nothing when it could be contributing to the beauty of this site! How about expanding the logo or maybe putting some sort of news bulletin there containing recent Announcements and like maybe the most recent tourney winners of the day or something. I've seen this feature used at two other chess sites and most people really loved it. Really putting anything there would look better than absolutely nothing...

-Kev
  2. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    26 Mar '06 04:401 edit
    Originally posted by seraphimvulture

At the top right of this screen is absolutely nothing. A big, white, empty space doing absolutely nothing when it could be contributing to the beauty of this site! How about expanding the logo or maybe putting some sort of news bulletin there containing recent Announcement ed it. Really putting anything there would look better than absolutely nothing...

-Kev
    how about random snippets from, and links to, the most recomended posts and games ?
  3. Standard memberleisurelysloth
    Man of Steel
    rushing to and fro
    Moves
    26 Mar '06 07:23

At the top right of this screen is absolutely nothing. A big, white, empty space doing absolutely nothing when it could be contributing to the beauty of this site! How about expanding the logo or maybe putting some sort of news bulletin there containing recent Announcement ...[text shortened]... ed it. Really putting anything there would look better than absolutely nothing...

-Kev
    Good thinking! Perhaps a public service thing. You know, something educational perhaps.

For instance, the logo could go in the center of the screen. On the left side, it could say, "This is your left side." On the right side it could say, "This is your other left side." 😀

Okay, okay. I'm shuttin' up now!
  4. Earth Prime
    Moves
    26 Mar '06 08:05

At the top right of this screen is absolutely nothing. A big, white, empty space doing absolutely nothing when it could be contributing to the beauty of this site! How about expanding the logo or maybe putting some sort of news bulletin there containing recent Announcement ...[text shortened]... ed it. Really putting anything there would look better than absolutely nothing...

-Kev
    cancel your subscription and that void in your heart will be filled again.
  5. Standard memberThe Slow Pawn
    HIT THE LIGHTS
    Moves
    26 Mar '06 11:10
    Originally posted by Coconut
    cancel your subscription and that void in your heart will be filled again.
    LOL ... so true (thank god my star is still there :-)
  6. The sky
    Moves
    26 Mar '06 11:29
    Originally posted by leisurelysloth
    For instance, the logo could go in the center of the screen. On the left side, it could say, "This is your left side." On the right side it could say, "This is your other left side." 😀
    Now there's an idea... The logo in the middle, "LEFT" in big red letters on the left, "RIGHT" in big green letters on the right. Seeing this all the time may help us left-right-challenged people to get it programmed into our brains.
  7. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    26 Mar '06 20:45
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Now there's an idea... The logo in the middle, "LEFT" in big red letters on the left, "RIGHT" in big green letters on the right. Seeing this all the time may help us left-right-challenged people to get it programmed into our brains.
    Much more fun if it said RIGHT on the left, and CORRECT on the right. 😉
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Mar '06 21:311 edit
    Originally posted by stocken
    Much more fun if it said RIGHT on the left, and CORRECT on the right. 😉
    This Left and Right issues are quite funny, right?
    Isn't there anything left to discuss?
  9. Joined
    31 Dec '02
    Moves
    26 Mar '06 22:02
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    This Left and Right issues are quite funny, right?
    Isn't there anything left to discuss?
    Thats right. 😉
  10. Standard membermosquitorespect
    Not Royalty
    Not in a palace
    Moves
    26 Mar '06 22:121 edit
    Hey, some of us value our blank spaces! I always take a pen and doodle on that portion of the screen. Are you saying I'm going to have to trace now? What am I, five?
  11. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    27 Mar '06 14:47
    I like the open space. Why add distractions just to fill space? Bad idea.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree