1. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    17 May '10 17:48
    There are a lot of ideas tossed around, and one can't know normally which ones are on the famous list, if there was a public list with intended changes it would give us something to look forward to 🙂
  2. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    17 May '10 18:55
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    There are a lot of ideas tossed around, and one can't know normally which ones are on the famous list, if there was a public list with intended changes it would give us something to look forward to 🙂
    Now there's an attractive idea
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 May '10 20:402 edits
    Put yourself in the shoes of the procrastinating lazy site adminstrator and ask yourself how beneficial this idea would be.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    02 Jun '10 17:28
    Now there is a thank you very much for taking me back into the fold!

They must be made of brass!
  5. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    02 Jun '10 20:33
    Never fear, the to do list is on the to do list.
  6. Joined
    16 Aug '09
    Moves
    05 Jun '10 20:34
    that would be nice.

for starters i'd like an RHP administrator to acknowledge just having read the postings here. a comment like, 'go', 'no go', 'maybe', 'hazy, 'try again later' would be gravy.
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 14:14
    The problem is that priorities change very frequently - sometimes things arrive out of nowhere after I have made promises for delivery of a feature.

Right now, I have a long to-do list, but the key items that I want to get done soon’ish are :

- Chess960 (including tournament support)
    - A decent game annotation system.
    - A final games explorer release with regular updates.
    - Improved conditional move interface.
    - A much improved and more reliable blitz feature with blitz rating support. This is expensive to implement, and Apple's anti-Flash stance has made it riskier still.

There are a large number of minor issues & improvements which are not worth listing individually, but I will post to site announcements as they happen.

Also, I have a large release planned for Feb 2011, RHPs 10th birthday, but this be largely an interface refresh, and I want to fully understand the benefits of HTML5 before this happens. So, the current look & feel will remain until at least then.
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    08 Jun '10 00:11
    Originally posted by Russ
    The problem is that priorities change very frequently - sometimes things arrive out of nowhere after I have made promises for delivery of a feature.

Right now, I have a long to-do list, but the key items that I want to get done soon’ish are :

- A final games explorer release ...[text shortened]... its of HTML5 before this happens. So, the current look & feel will remain until at least then.
    -PGNs with Black to play
  9. e4
    Moves
    08 Jun '10 00:32
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    -PGNs with Black to play
    Rec'd 😉
  10. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    12 Jul '10 08:30
    Originally posted by Russ

- A final games explorer release ...[text shortened]... its of HTML5 before this happens. So, the current look & feel will remain until at least then.
    thank you for sharing that.
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Jul '10 18:47
    thank you for sharing that.
    Same goes from me - Thank you, Russ, for sharing!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree