1. Warszawa
    Moves
    17 Jul '08 14:45
    Apart from marking last opponent move, please mark also my previous move. This would make it easier to refresh memory about the game.

It would be even better if at least a few recent moves were shown nearby the board

(yes, I know, Game Log, but I must click to open it and it loads slowly and is unpleasant to navigate)

(yes, I know, one of the greasemonkey scripts shows moves, but it fails to work correctly when I play from a few machines)
  2. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    17 Jul '08 15:05
    Originally posted by Mekk
    Apart from marking last opponent move, please mark also my previous move. This would make it easier to refresh memory about the game.

It would be even better if at least a few recent moves were shown nearby the board

(yes, I know, Game Log, but I must click to open it and it loads slowly and is unpleasant to navigate)

(yes, I know, one of the greasemonkey scripts shows moves, but it fails to work correctly when I play from a few machines)
    I'm recommending this as an option that can be turned on for selected games. For many games, this would just be a pain in the neck that would clutter the board view. However, for many complex games, especially when I have a lot going on at the same time, this would be very helpful. I'd like it even more if the view would start with the past few move by each player highlighted, then they disappear after about 5 seconds or so, possibly all set by preferences in the settings.

Maybe it's just too hard to program something like this?
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    17 Jul '08 15:421 edit
    Originally posted by Mekk

Have you used the 'game history' option? You can work your way back and forth through the whole game.
  4. Warszawa
    Moves
    17 Jul '08 21:36
    Game history is OK when I really want to replay noticeable part of the game, but shares the same problem which game log has - I must click something, leave the board, click there, then close that and go back to the game. OK sometimes, irritating in simple cases.

My suggestion is about presence of some information *just in place*, without the need to go for it. It can be:
    - subtle highlight (less noticeable than last move highlight)
    - score of last few moves somewhere within the game info.
    or (best) both.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '08 21:38
    I would like to have a board as clean as possible. The green squares is good enough.

But if I could see the last few moves in short notation, than it'd be alright.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree