1. UK
    Moves
    02 Dec '12 12:40
    Probably been mentioned before... But could there be some form of a flag that indicates a player is playing the max amount of games. At present it only tells you after you try (which takes a while on my Internet connection)!
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    02 Dec '12 21:30
    Originally posted by FoolsM8
    Probably been mentioned before... But could there be some form of a flag that indicates a player is playing the max amount of games. At present it only tells you after you try (which takes a while on my Internet connection)!
    Just look at their profile before you mount the challenge
    Non subs have a maximum of 6 games
    Subs -no limit as far as I'm aware.
  3. UK
    Moves
    03 Dec '12 00:301 edit
    Yes thank you, I mean self imposed maximum games. IE if I only allow 20 games & I have reached my limit. You won't know till you challenge me...

Can be a little annoying after initiating the 8th or 9th challenge in a row - only to have it say the player has reached their self imposed maximum games on each one...
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    03 Dec '12 02:02
    I don't get why people even need to be able to challenge specific players without their permission. It seemed strange to me when I first got here that anyone could start a game with me under any time control without approval.

Point being, if you really want to challenge someone, you should at least ask them if they're up for a game. That resolves the request in this thread. They can just tell you they don't have a slot available.
  5. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    03 Dec '12 15:02
    Yes thank you, I mean self imposed maximum games. IE if I only allow 20 games & I have reached my limit. You won't know till you challenge me...

Can be a little annoying after initiating the 8th or 9th challenge in a row - only to have it say the player has reached their self imposed maximum games on each one...
    Ah yes sorry.
    I forgot about the self imposed bit.
    I think I set mine when I first joined and haven't looked at it since!!
  6. UK
    Moves
    05 Dec '12 00:201 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambitif you really want to challenge someone, you should at least ask them if they're up for a game. That resolves the request in this thread. They can just tell you they don't have a slot available.[/b]

I don't think I've ever been asked. 😀
    What's more if I had to wait for a reply that could mean days in some cases!!
  7. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    05 Dec '12 01:532 edits
    I agree that it's a nuisance to go right through the challenge process only to find some sort of rejection at the end of it all. It should be possible to display some info after you enter the name of the person you want to challenge, to avoid the rest of the entry being made. People who don't answer PMs promptly are likely to be slow movers. You could try doing a PM "if you fancy a game, please send over a challenge" to cut down the number of interactions by 1.
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    05 Dec '12 16:59
    If you have to wait days for a reply, that's a pretty good sign that they're not ready to play a bunch of challenges.
  9. UK
    Moves
    06 Dec '12 00:571 edit
    I've been a member here for 8 years & in that time no one has ever asked me if I want to play chess! They just initiate a game... I'm here to play chess, asking seems redundant... 😀

Sometimes my Internet connection is a tad slow - depending on my location, so I'm merely throwing an idea in the pot so to speak. A flag that says "not looking for games" would be nice....

That's my tuppence.
  10. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    06 Dec '12 02:04
    I've been a member here for 8 years & in that time no one has ever asked me if I want to play chess! They just initiate a game... I'm here to play chess, asking seems redundant... 😀

Sometimes my Internet connection is a tad slow - depending on my location, so I'm merely throwing an idea in the pot so to speak. A flag that says "not looking for games" would be nice....

That's my tuppence.
    Two words: open invites.
  11. UK
    Moves
    07 Dec '12 12:00
    Sometimes there are not enough offers in my range.
    Also if I initiate one I end up with mad range differences (or have to tweak restrictions).

Thanks for the feedback but I stand by my original suggestion, the powers to be will take it on board - or not 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree