1. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    12 Jan '07 07:31
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Actually your card has zero liability for fraudulent charges.
    http://www.visa.ca/en/personal/securewithvisa/liability.cfm

EDIT: Meaning you don't have to pay anything if something went wrong with an internet purchase.
    ... or if someone else bought something using your card.
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    12 Jan '07 07:45
    Originally posted by c99ux
    ... or if someone else bought something using your card.
    That would be something going wrong with your internet purchase.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Jan '07 16:35
    Actually your card has zero liability for fraudulent charges.
    http://www.visa.ca/en/personal/securewithvisa/liability.cfm

EDIT: Meaning you don't have to pay anything if something went wrong with an internet purchase.
    Verified by Visa " personal password your VISA " I believe this is what you mean?.......This is something you have to sign up for, and you make up a password. I don't have that feature, probably something worth looking into!!!
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    12 Jan '07 22:30
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Verified by Visa " personal password your VISA " I believe this is what you mean?.......This is something you have to sign up for, and you make up a password. I don't have that feature, probably something worth looking into!!!
    "The Visa Zero Liability policy protects Visa cardholders who have a Canadian issued Visa card and experience fraud through unauthorized used of their card."
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Jan '07 01:321 edit
    "The Visa Zero Liability policy protects Visa cardholders who have a Canadian issued Visa card and experience fraud through unauthorized used of their card."
    Verified by Visa also enhances online shopping safety and security when you use a Verified by Visa password. It's safe and easy to use. To learn more about Verified by Visa, go to www.visa.ca/verified.

The above should explain what I am talking about
  6. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    13 Jan '07 01:57
    Verified by Visa also enhances online shopping safety and security when you use a Verified by Visa password. It's safe and easy to use. To learn more about Verified by Visa, go to www.visa.ca/verified.

The above should explain what I am talking about
    Added security. However, even if you do not have Verified by Visa you are still protected by the Zero Liability policy.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Jan '07 03:53
    Added security. However, even if you do not have Verified by Visa you are still protected by the Zero Liability policy.
    IF this were the case, there would be no need for "Added Security" !!
  8. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    13 Jan '07 09:21
    IF this were the case, there would be no need for "Added Security" !!
    Not from your point of view but surely it is Visa's best interest to protect their card holders from fraud (as they pay the cost).
    And even though you don't have to pay if you are defrauded I'd imagine it could be quite inconvienient.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Jan '07 18:24
    Not from your point of view but surely it is Visa's best interest to protect their card holders from fraud (as they pay the cost).
    And even though you don't have to pay if you are defrauded I'd imagine it could be quite inconvienient.
    Not only inconvientient, but very time consuming getting the mess cleared up after the fact. That time could be much better spent say....Playing chess on RHP!! 😀
  10. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    13 Jan '07 22:20
    Not only inconvientient, but very time consuming getting the mess cleared up after the fact. That time could be much better spent say....Playing chess on RHP!! 😀
    And to think that if you'd used your credit card you would have been subscribed for a week now.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Jan '07 22:44
    And to think that if you'd used your credit card you would have been subscribed for a week now.
    No, it didn't go out untill last Tuesday...And I still don't trust put my numbers out there...Did you hear what happened with the AOL customers?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree