1. Joined
    26 Sep '05
    Moves
    17 Apr '07 18:51
    This text box should be longer.

It would be easier to write messages without the annoyance of even slightly long words moving to another line, and sentences stretching over several lines. Even users with 800x600 displays have some white space at the edge of this box that could be used.
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    17 Apr '07 19:10
    Originally posted by davidmacc
    This text box should be longer.

It would be easier to write messages without the annoyance of even slightly long words moving to another line, and sentences stretching over several lines. Even users with 800x600 displays have some white space at the edge of this box that could be used.
    If you use FireFox (and you should!) you could get this extension:

http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=2796

It lets you drag that box large as you please.

Ragnorak got me using it, although he's given up on it because the red corner dots get in his way. I just click into the box, hit enter once... and the red corner dots don't bother me.

FireFox is also great for RHP with GreaseMonkey and the RHP scripts. They let you see tons of things you can't without them. Scores for captured pieces, rating calculation for wins, lost, drawn games... and tons of other stuff. I didn't need it, until I got it. Now I can't imagine being at RHP with any other browser.

P-
  3. Joined
    26 Sep '05
    Moves
    17 Apr '07 19:31
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

Ragnorak got me using it, although he's given up on it because the red corner dots get in his way. I just click into the box, hit enter once... and the red corner dots don't both ...[text shortened]... 't need it, until I got it. Now I can't imagine being at RHP with any other browser.

P-
    Thanks Phlab!

I do use FF, Greasemonkey and the RHP scripts/extension - and also highly recommend them all!

I've installed the script from the link and I've just used it to make the forum post boxes bigger, but I can't drag the two text boxes on the game screen ('Message your opponent' & 'Notebook'😉. Any thoughts?!?

Cheers.
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    17 Apr '07 21:32
    Originally posted by davidmacc
    Thanks Phlab!

I do use FF, Greasemonkey and the RHP scripts/extension - and also highly recommend them all!

I've installed the script from the link and I've just used it to make the forum post boxes bigger, but I can't drag the two text boxes on the game screen ('Message your opponent' & 'Notebook'😉. Any thoughts?!?

Cheers.
    I haven't figured out how to drag inline (ie: so the formatting stays the same).

What I do (couldn't find a better alternative, so still using it) is to use CTRL + ALT + ENTER to add lines to the text box, or CTRL + SPACEBAR to add width, while retaining the formatting of the page.

I've just done it for both textboxes, no worries.

D
  5. Devon
    Moves
    11 May '07 23:29

Ragnorak got me using it, although he's given up on it because the red corner dots get in his way. I just click into the box, hit enter once... and the red corner dots don't both ...[text shortened]... 't need it, until I got it. Now I can't imagine being at RHP with any other browser.

P-
    I've just downloaded the same extension and I can't get the message box/notepad to get any wider either 😳 It works on the forum reply boxes nicely though.

P.S. Slightly off topic but I think there's a problem with the new version of Greasemonkey. I've just downloaded the new version and it won't install any scripts. Seems to be a bug in it!
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    12 May '07 01:17
    Originally posted by hjp
    I've just downloaded the same extension and I can't get the message box/notepad to get any wider either 😳 It works on the forum reply boxes nicely though.

P.S. Slightly off topic but I think there's a problem with the new version of Greasemonkey. I've just downloaded the new version and it won't install any scripts. Seems to be a bug in it!
    It works for me in the message and notebook. My firefox is version 2.0.0.3. Not sure how to check my version of GMonkey, but I update every time it asks.

P-
  7. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    12 May '07 05:422 edits
    Not sure how to check my version of GMonkey
    P-
    http://tinyurl.com/2nnxko

This tells you the versions of all add-ons; works in the latest Firefox version. [and the latest GM version]
  8. Devon
    Moves
    12 May '07 15:34
    I've got the latest version of firefox too. I've also tried other extensions and scripts but none seem to be able to resize the message box. Ah well, will have to live with it i suppose.

Think the problem with Greasemonkey was that it wouldn't install new scripts after installation. Seems to be easily fixed by re-enabling it though
    See http://groups.google.com/group/greasemonkey-users/browse_thread/thread/5694bcae1ae0740b

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree