1. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    17 Jul '08 20:04
    Originally posted by Lukerik
    I certainly think new players should have posting rights in Help. I had loads of stupid questions to ask when I first joined that were answered really patiently by people like Miss O. I think greenpawn34 has made some very valuable contributions in Chess. I guess similar arguments could be made for Posers. It might be an idea to restrict people's access to General, but only for their own protection.
    Yup. Only Help should be available to new members. If all the information about restrictions are clear it should not bother new members.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jul '08 20:53

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    17 Jul '08 21:54
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Yup. Only Help should be available to new members. If all the information about restrictions are clear it should not bother new members.
    OK, but you get 2 kinds of new members in General: young girls who are about to get ripped to shreds and people who have opened a second account to troll and spam.

The latter won't bother with the Chess forum etc because the people they want to annoy don't live there.

I do like the idea of having a progressive introduction to the site. You already have a bit of this with rating limits on open invites etc. I subscribed when I was still p-rated and I remember the excitement when I first appeared on the ratings table and was able to enter banded tourneys. That actually enhances your enjoyment.
  4. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    18 Jul '08 13:12
    I have heard that GameKnot restricts its newly registered players from posting in forums before they have completed a number of games.
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '08 14:49
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    I have heard that GameKnot restricts its newly registered players from posting in forums before they have completed a number of games.
    I heard that non-subs cannot post in some chess forums - I thought gameknot was the same...

what a dumb idea! 🙄
  6. Joined
    29 Jun '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 11:491 edit
    sorry i think thats a bad idea, It will lead to frustration of not making many moves.
    People will be staying up all night playing so they can post.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree