Mini Duels

Mini Duels

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FNM

Moves
30 Sep 04

When I finally manage to enter the Mini Duels, I think to myself that maybe I have a chance in actually winning this, but then end up seeing a 2000 rated player enter which blows my chances to win.

My suggestion is Banded Mini Duels. That way it will not just be easy points for the higher rated players.
Personally, I find it extremely depressing being easy bate, all of the grand split and grouped random tournaments always contain at least 2 players over 2000. The normal Banded tournaments almost always contain off some 1200p that is really a very strong player.

I think that Banded Mini Duels can be a good solution, it will also be much easier to enter this way,and not miss it completely.

Anyone agree?

FNM

The RudeΒ©

who knows?

Moves
30 Sep 04

Hell yeah!
Sometimes you have good ideas.........πŸ˜‰

FNM

Moves
30 Sep 04

Originally posted by Ravello
Hell yeah!
Sometimes you have good ideas.........πŸ˜‰
lol

Dont you mean "all the time" πŸ˜πŸ˜‰

FNM

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
30 Sep 04

Originally posted by Faith No More
When I finally manage to enter the Mini Duels, I think to myself that maybe I have a chance in actually winning this, but then end up seeing a 2000 rated player enter which blows my chances to win.

My suggestion is Banded Mini Duels. That way it will not just be easy points for the higher rated players.
Personally, I find it extremely depressing be ...[text shortened]... t will also be much easier to enter this way,and not miss it completely.

Anyone agree?

FNM
As far as I know, provisional players can't enter banded tournies anymore. I think Russ implemented that about 2 weeks ago.

I'd like to see wayyy more banded tournies, with variable bands. I do enjoy playing guys who are 2100+, but I'd also enjoy being able to enter a tournie which I have a chance of winning. Variable bands would be good, cos I'm just above the 1600 mark, and most of the banded tournies seem to be 1200-1399, 1400-1599, 1600-1799, etc. That means I'll always be towards the bottom of the 1600-1799 band, whereas if some of the banded tournies were 1100-1299, 1300-1499, 1500-1699, etc, then I'd be closer to the top of the band for some of the tournies.

Apart from more banded tournies, I think we need more tournies full stop. I didn't check the tournaments screen for 2 days, and when I did today, 9 tournaments had been created and fully subscribed and started. Obviously there is a high demand.

D