1. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    28 Jun '09 03:53
    How about requiring a mod who removes a post to notify the originator of the thread as to why it was removed ???
    I made a post concerning achieving the most wins ever here at RHP with less than 600 losses (now 6452 wins) and the post was removed without receiving any notification.
    I did nothing which violated the terms of service in my post and since the mod who removed my post can hide I guess I will keep posting my original until it is allowed to remain or until the mysterious unknown forum moderator notifies me.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Jun '09 04:25
    I have had stuff in general moved to another forum before.

Did you put it in the Chess Forum? If not it might be there.
  3. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    28 Jun '09 04:49
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    I have had stuff in general moved to another forum before.

Did you put it in the Chess Forum? If not it might be there.
    I posted it in Chess Only and I could not find it in any forum.
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '09 12:34
    Originally posted by caissad4
    How about requiring a mod who removes a post to notify the originator of the thread as to why it was removed ???
    I made a post concerning achieving the most wins ever here at RHP with less than 600 losses (now 6452 wins) and the post was removed without receiving any notification.
    I did nothing which violated the terms of service in my post and since the ...[text shortened]... ginal until it is allowed to remain or until the mysterious unknown forum moderator notifies me.
    I suggested the same 2 years ago and was informed it was being considered.
    Pah!
  5. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    28 Jun '09 13:051 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '09 13:452 edits
    re: 2) or 3)

I had one removed once and simply thought maybe I hadn't posted it properly. I didn't realize at that time that it had been removed.
    As there was no message forthcoming from the mods I posted it again and then got a bollocking. 🙁

That was a while ago so if you say you send a PM now, things have obviously improved. 🙂
  7. Standard memberIchibanov
    King of slow
    Moves
    28 Jun '09 19:002 edits
    For what it's worth, the mod in question has responded with an explanation and apology regarding the removal of the original thread (Thread 115068). It was a simple mistake made while he was trying to cope with our most recent forum spammer. He certainly had his hands full there and I applaud his work in scrubbing the forums clean. He just did too thorough a job, evidently.

CFT, can threads/posts which were hidden by mistake be unhidden? I know I can't do that in the clan or club forums, but dunno how it works out here in the public ones. Seems like it'd help a lot to be able to do that in such situations.

Also, inadvertent lack of communication seems to be one of the major causes of confusion and frustration when it comes to forum moderation. With regards to Caissad4's original site idea, perhaps Russ could alter the mod interface to require a reason be entered when a post or thread is being hidden. That reason could then be auto-PM'd to anyone affected by the action so they at least have some idea what happened as well as documenting the action internally if later review were required. This way, mods wouldn't need to take a separate action to notify affected users and the users would always be in the loop.
  8. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    28 Jun '09 19:04
    Dear catfood,
    My post consisted of 2 words "6449 wins". It would be impossible for that to violate any of the terms of service here (That was the number of wins).
    I have received an apology today by PM from the mod for removing my post. Also, my second post remains (with a public apology from the mod), acknowledging the removal as an error.
    Your admonishment, however minor, for my insistence to "keep posting it" is just silly. By not insisting on my right to post something which is allowed under the terms of service would be accepting an arbitrary diminishment of my rights.
    Your blind defence of the event tells me something about your thoughts.
    The matter is settled.
    Angela
  9. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    29 Jun '09 08:45

10. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    29 Jun '09 08:48

11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Jun '09 23:46
    You gotta love happy endings!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree