1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    29 Sep '06 08:35
    If a person has posts modded, I believe that the fact that the post was modded should be obvious.

I believe that if I posted something offensive, then the contents of my post should be removed and replaced with MODDED!

There is a user just now complaining about people ruining his string, when he was the first one to lose the plot and start shouting and using profanities telling people who don't like the idea to "F*^& OFF". Now, he is claiming the moral high ground, and indeed people's replies to him look uncalled for.

D
  2. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    29 Sep '06 09:30
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    If a person has posts modded, I believe that the fact that the post was modded should be obvious.

I believe that if I posted something offensive, then the contents of my post should be removed and replaced with MODDED!

There is a user just now complaining about people ruining his string, when he was the first one to lose the plot and start shouting an ...[text shortened]... s claiming the moral high ground, and indeed people's replies to him look uncalled for.

D
    "Modded" plus a short explanation would be better, e.g.

"Modded for offensive language"
    "Modded for being a creepy stalker"
    "Modded on a whim"

etc.
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    30 Sep '06 00:53
    Originally posted by Ragnorak

There is a user just now complaining about people ruining his string, when he was the first one to lose the plot and start shouting an ...[text shortened]... s claiming the moral high ground, and indeed people's replies to him look uncalled for.

D
    This is essential in my opinion - it was said a while ago that something along these lines was being considered but since then nothing.
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 12:541 edit
    Originally posted by dottewell
    "Modded" plus a short explanation would be better, e.g.

"Modded for offensive language"
    "Modded for being a creepy stalker"
    "Modded on a whim"

etc.
    "Modded for racism"
    etc, good idea.

This would also be an answer to people who want a pm from mods as to why their post was removed.

Of course, every post doesn't need to be left there (content removed) with an explanation, especially if it is modded for being spam.

D
  5. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    18 Oct '06 13:18
    Robomod shouldn't be so sweeping as well. Currently if x people alert a post, then it disappears. It should be a case of if x people alert a post (along with justifying comments for each alert), it is then reviewed by a mod and removed if necessary.
  6. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    18 Oct '06 22:42
    Originally posted by lausey
    Robomod shouldn't be so sweeping as well. Currently if x people alert a post, then it disappears. It should be a case of if x people alert a post (along with justifying comments for each alert), it is then reviewed by a mod and removed if necessary.
    The whole point of Robomod is that it can act on offensive posts even when a Mod isn't around. There's no use having a post be alerted 20 times and still be around 12 hours later as no Mod has cleared the queue yet.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree