Mods online list

Mods online list

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
10 Jun 07

After a thread where a little girl (maybe) asked for e-mail buddies, and posted her e-mail address, i think we should have a list of mods that are online, so we can hasten the deletion of such stuff.

If someone is doing stuff like this, we could contact the mod online, and have him alerted immediately.

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirate™

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
10 Jun 07

Originally posted by huckleberryhound
After a thread where a little girl (maybe) asked for e-mail buddies, and posted her e-mail address, i think we should have a list of mods that are online, so we can hasten the deletion of such stuff.

If someone is doing stuff like this, we could contact the mod online, and have him alerted immediately.
What do you think the 'Alert Moderator' button does?

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
10 Jun 07

Originally posted by Daemon Sin
....not necessarily work ??

G

Moves
10 Jun 07

Originally posted by Daemon Sin
LMAO.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
10 Jun 07
1 edit

I didn't plan to post... but just got online.

I see the thread is gone, or post... nothing alerted.

Later.

P-

Edit! You didn't even PM me to see if I was online... gerk!

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
11 Jun 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Phlabibit
I didn't plan to post... but just got online.

I see the thread is gone, or post... nothing alerted.

Later.

P-

[b]Edit!
You didn't even PM me to see if I was online... gerk![/b]
Is that Gerk, as in Gerkin ??

I alerted the first post, and the post with the e-mail address. The fact that you think a PM would've helped proves that alerts are not a surefire way to reach you.

In the instance this thread refers to, a (supposedly) 16 year old girl asks for e-mail buddies, then when i (as a joke) post my e-mail addy as

rideurrancidcorpsewhileimakeurmotherwatchonwebcam (@hotmail.com)

She/he gave up xer yahoo address online.

My suggestion is just to help stop things like this from running on too long, a "PM all mods" option would be equally useful, but i bet yous would soon tire of the sietse messages.

This suggestion is supposed to be constructive bro.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
11 Jun 07

Is that Gerk, as in Gerkin ??

I alerted the first post, and the post with the e-mail address. The fact that you think a PM would've helped proves that alerts are not a surefire way to reach you.

In the instance this thread refers to, a (supposedly) 16 year old girl asks for e-mail buddies, then when i (as a joke) post my e-mail addy as

...[text shortened]... ould soon tire of the sietse messages.

This suggestion is supposed to be constructive bro.
I don't think PM'ng me would have helped, since I wasn't online. I'm just hurt that you didn't.

If there were a 'counter' that said a mod was online, but had posted in the forums and made a few moves and went back to reading War and Peace what now? Would we be mad that a mod online didn't do something?

I see you alerted a post, and it was removed. I think that's enough.

P-

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
11 Jun 07

Originally posted by Phlabibit
I don't think PM'ng me would have helped, since I wasn't online. I'm just hurt that you didn't.

If there were a 'counter' that said a mod was online, but had posted in the forums and made a few moves and went back to reading War and Peace what now? Would we be mad that a mod online didn't do something?

I see you alerted a post, and it was removed. I think that's enough.

P-
Making sure the green dot system is active with mods should do the trick. Look mate :If the mod does nothing, that's his choice, but situations like that are too creepy for my tastes......That's all.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
11 Jun 07

Making sure the green dot system is active with mods should do the trick. Look mate :If the mod does nothing, that's his choice, but situations like that are too creepy for my tastes......That's all.
I'd prefer a "super creepy" button for members. If members abused their "super creepy" button they would lose their "super creepy" privileges.

P-

S

Moves
11 Jun 07

Umm, you do realise this is a public forum, yes? Mods don't get paid, they just do it for fame or something. What makes you think they're at your beck and call for emergencies?

Moves
11 Jun 07

d

Moves
11 Jun 07
2 edits

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Why don't we add an "alert Huck!" button, next to "alert moderator"?

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirate™

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
11 Jun 07

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Sometimes, when there's no lights flashing they get bored and take down one of the primary SQL database servers and hook it up to host a variety of online multiplayer games.

Moves
11 Jun 07

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
11 Jun 07

Actually, each mod strips down and climbs into a "Mod Pod©" when they are actively moderating the forums. The Mod Pod plugs into the USB port of a computer, and as the door is closed electrodes touch off to 27 separate locations on the body. As alerts come in, electrical shocks are sent to various locations on the moderator's body depending on severity of the alert.

Even still, it would be hard to know if a Mod was in the Mod Pod when you alerted something, since none of the mods really like to stay in the pod for any long amount of time... just minutes in most cases.

P-