1. Joined
    13 Dec '06
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 14:25
    How about a monthly email newsletter with the upcoming Tourney schedule, completed Tourney/Clan/Siege results, site stats (new members this month, MAP Knights), Good To Know stuff, etc.?
  2. Joined
    18 Jun '07
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 14:47
    That would be cool. I wonder why there wasn't a newsletter already. And would the newsletters be exclusive to subcribers only?
  3. Standard memberirontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    A Stapler!
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 16:14
    Originally posted by AADavid1963
    How about a monthly email newsletter with the upcoming Tourney schedule, completed Tourney/Clan/Siege results, site stats (new members this month, MAP Knights), Good To Know stuff, etc.?
    i would like to see this...tourney schedule is kinda up in the air, it could show popular games that have finished, and maybe have a checkmate puzzle or something...
  4. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 06:59
    Originally posted by AADavid1963
    I think that's an awesome idea. Recc'd.

The list thus far (I added to it):

Tourney Schedule
    Completed Tourney Results
    Site Stats (๐Ÿ™‚)
    Chess Puzzle(s)
    **Status and Progress of Site Updates**
    Other (Fill in the Blank ___________)

Also, I would even be happy if it weren't monthly; I'd even be happy with every two months or even quarterly. If they made it a subscriber only feature, and made it really good, it might increase sales (wishful thinking, but still...).
  5. Joined
    18 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 07:041 edit
    Originally posted by wittywonka

Tourney Schedule
    Site Stats (๐Ÿ™‚)
    Chess Puzzle(s)

Also, I would even be happy if it weren't monthly; I'd even be happy with every two months or even quarterly. If ...[text shortened]... e, and made it [b]really
    good, it might increase sales (wishful thinking, but still...).[/b]
    I think at least monthly and available to everyone... it would always mention/allude to the benefits of subscribing, then it may increase revenue.

The trick is finding someone to produce it... newsletters can be alot of work.

You could even A B it... sending half the non subs one newsletter and the other half a different one. Then you could track to see which one converted to more subscriptions... then use that style.
  6. Joined
    13 Dec '06
    Moves
    25 Jun '07 23:23
    I think there could be two newsletters- a detailed one for subscribers, and a shorter overview with a sales emphasis for non-subs.
  7. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    26 Jun '07 02:35
    Originally posted by merman
    ..And would the newsletters be exclusive to subcribers only?
    We certainly hope so! ๐Ÿ˜›
  8. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    26 Jun '07 02:41
    ...If they made it a subscriber only feature, and made it [b]really good, it might increase sales (wishful thinking, but still...).[/b]
    How?
    If only subscribers were getting it how would it increase sales. ๐Ÿ˜•

I'm sticking with my previous reply...and if they do start sending them they better have a way to turn 'em off methinks.
  9. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    26 Jun '07 02:53
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    If only subscribers were getting it how would it increase sales?
    I agree, that was a silly thought. I just thought it was a really interesting idea, so I didn't think through what I was saying too much.

On the idea of frequency, I figured there could be a way to send them even more often than once a month (two or three times a month even) by "streamlining" them, so to speak.

For instance, the list of tourneys, statistics, puzzles, etc. could be quickly "updated" and sent out without too much hassle.
  10. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Jun '07 03:53
    The thing that no one has yet mentioned is that non-subs can't enter tournaments or clans, so why tell them about it? ๐Ÿ˜•
  11. Joined
    18 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Jun '07 03:56
    Any newsletter sent to leads, non-subs, would have an option of opting out. Ones sent by e-mail make that easy, the opt out option is in the footer.

Does anyone know if there are any site stats that would show the number of non subs? I didnt see any.

Alot of the info about upcoming tourneys and such should have their own page on the site.
  12. Standard memberBedingbedang
    commente moi donc รงa
    Montreal
    Moves
    27 Jun '07 03:55
    Originally posted by beatlemania
    The thing that no one has yet mentioned is that non-subs can't enter tournaments or clans, so why tell them about it? ๐Ÿ˜•
    To make them interested! I think the newsletter combined with the clans and tournaments forums could do very well to get the buzz up! And tournaments victories would become more interesting if seen by all.
  13. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    27 Jun '07 04:20

Tourney Schedule
    Site Stats (๐Ÿ™‚)
    Chess Puzzle(s)

Also, I would even be happy if it weren't monthly; I'd even be happy with every two months or even quarterly. If ...[text shortened]... e, and made it [b]really
    good, it might increase sales (wishful thinking, but still...).[/b]
    feature a member of the issue
    feature an interesting bit of chess lore or history
    maybe a blog on how to cope with those who are "playing the clock" and other tactics
    maybe some humor . . .a cartoon or a short amusing story
  14. Standard memberirontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    A Stapler!
    Moves
    28 Jun '07 18:07
    Originally posted by coquette
    feature a member of the issue
    feature an interesting bit of chess lore or history
    maybe a blog on how to cope with those who are "playing the clock" and other tactics
    maybe some humor . . .a cartoon or a short amusing story
    yes, and maybe welcoming new subs. who were joined since the last one..
  15. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    28 Jun '07 19:28
    and one or two really interesting public games with some analysis by the players and some commentary by some really strong players too