Monthly newsletter

Monthly newsletter

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A

Moves
21 Jun 07

How about a monthly email newsletter with the upcoming Tourney schedule, completed Tourney/Clan/Siege results, site stats (new members this month, MAP Knights), Good To Know stuff, etc.?

m

Moves
21 Jun 07

That would be cool. I wonder why there wasn't a newsletter already. And would the newsletters be exclusive to subcribers only?

i

Moves
21 Jun 07

Originally posted by AADavid1963
How about a monthly email newsletter with the upcoming Tourney schedule, completed Tourney/Clan/Siege results, site stats (new members this month, MAP Knights), Good To Know stuff, etc.?
i would like to see this...tourney schedule is kinda up in the air, it could show popular games that have finished, and maybe have a checkmate puzzle or something...

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
22 Jun 07

Originally posted by AADavid1963
I think that's an awesome idea. Recc'd.

The list thus far (I added to it):

Tourney Schedule
Completed Tourney Results
Site Stats (๐Ÿ™‚)
Chess Puzzle(s)
**Status and Progress of Site Updates**
Other (Fill in the Blank ___________)

Also, I would even be happy if it weren't monthly; I'd even be happy with every two months or even quarterly. If they made it a subscriber only feature, and made it really good, it might increase sales (wishful thinking, but still...).

l

Moves
22 Jun 07
1 edit

Originally posted by wittywonka

Tourney Schedule
Site Stats (๐Ÿ™‚)
Chess Puzzle(s)

Also, I would even be happy if it weren't monthly; I'd even be happy with every two months or even quarterly. If ...[text shortened]... e, and made it [b]really
good, it might increase sales (wishful thinking, but still...).[/b]
I think at least monthly and available to everyone... it would always mention/allude to the benefits of subscribing, then it may increase revenue.

The trick is finding someone to produce it... newsletters can be alot of work.

You could even A B it... sending half the non subs one newsletter and the other half a different one. Then you could track to see which one converted to more subscriptions... then use that style.

A

Moves
25 Jun 07

I think there could be two newsletters- a detailed one for subscribers, and a shorter overview with a sales emphasis for non-subs.

DS

Moves
26 Jun 07

Originally posted by merman
..And would the newsletters be exclusive to subcribers only?
We certainly hope so! ๐Ÿ˜›

DS

Moves
26 Jun 07

...If they made it a subscriber only feature, and made it [b]really good, it might increase sales (wishful thinking, but still...).[/b]
How?
If only subscribers were getting it how would it increase sales. ๐Ÿ˜•

I'm sticking with my previous reply...and if they do start sending them they better have a way to turn 'em off methinks.

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
26 Jun 07

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
If only subscribers were getting it how would it increase sales?
I agree, that was a silly thought. I just thought it was a really interesting idea, so I didn't think through what I was saying too much.

On the idea of frequency, I figured there could be a way to send them even more often than once a month (two or three times a month even) by "streamlining" them, so to speak.

For instance, the list of tourneys, statistics, puzzles, etc. could be quickly "updated" and sent out without too much hassle.

b

Here

Moves
26 Jun 07

The thing that no one has yet mentioned is that non-subs can't enter tournaments or clans, so why tell them about it? ๐Ÿ˜•

l

Moves
26 Jun 07

Any newsletter sent to leads, non-subs, would have an option of opting out. Ones sent by e-mail make that easy, the opt out option is in the footer.

Does anyone know if there are any site stats that would show the number of non subs? I didnt see any.

Alot of the info about upcoming tourneys and such should have their own page on the site.

B
commente moi donc รงa

Montreal

Moves
27 Jun 07

Originally posted by beatlemania
The thing that no one has yet mentioned is that non-subs can't enter tournaments or clans, so why tell them about it? ๐Ÿ˜•
To make them interested! I think the newsletter combined with the clans and tournaments forums could do very well to get the buzz up! And tournaments victories would become more interesting if seen by all.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
27 Jun 07

Tourney Schedule
Site Stats (๐Ÿ™‚)
Chess Puzzle(s)

Also, I would even be happy if it weren't monthly; I'd even be happy with every two months or even quarterly. If ...[text shortened]... e, and made it [b]really
good, it might increase sales (wishful thinking, but still...).[/b]
feature a member of the issue
feature an interesting bit of chess lore or history
maybe a blog on how to cope with those who are "playing the clock" and other tactics
maybe some humor . . .a cartoon or a short amusing story

i

Moves
28 Jun 07

Originally posted by coquette
feature a member of the issue
feature an interesting bit of chess lore or history
maybe a blog on how to cope with those who are "playing the clock" and other tactics
maybe some humor . . .a cartoon or a short amusing story
yes, and maybe welcoming new subs. who were joined since the last one..

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
28 Jun 07

and one or two really interesting public games with some analysis by the players and some commentary by some really strong players too