More aggressive forum moderating

More aggressive forum moderating

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
The Rams

Moves
13 Apr 09

Lately I am see-ing a ton of OFF TOPIC posts meant for the GENERAL FORUM, especially in the chess forum. That forum is almost becoming a general forum in itself. I think we should get a couple of volunteers with the power to moderate forums, delete rash posts / topics, and move certain topics to its appropriate forum. I for one would gladly volunteer, as I'd like to see a higher concentration of CHESS related topics in that forum,

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
13 Apr 09

Originally posted by Ramned
Lately I am see-ing a ton of OFF TOPIC posts meant for the GENERAL FORUM, especially in the chess forum. That forum is almost becoming a general forum in itself. I think we should get a couple of volunteers with the power to moderate forums, delete rash posts / topics, and move certain topics to its appropriate forum. I for one would gladly volunteer, as I'd like to see a higher concentration of CHESS related topics in that forum,
I looked over the threads on page 1 and really don't see the problem. It's not like the chess-related discussions are getting crowded out. There are threads on page 1 that haven't even been posted in for 3 days!

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
15 Apr 09

We already have excessive moderation, wise up

Moves
15 Apr 09

Originally posted by Mctayto
We already have excessive moderation, wise up
hear, hear.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
16 Apr 09

User Ramned

0 alerts in past 7 days.

Please use the alert system, moderators who are on duty can't solve your problem if you are not willing to use the alert system.

Alert posts, mods will evaluate... and we can go from there.

There really isn't need for more moderation, but a need for more alerts if you have a problem with threads and posts in the chess forum.

P-