Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. 25 Nov '09 16:00 / 1 edit
    <-- Why have I pressed my space bar for minutes for such a small space?

And I wanted this text starting in the middle of the page.
  2. Standard member Mctayto
    Highlander
    25 Nov '09 22:48
    Originally posted by Thomaster

As a child my ma said to me "He that wants never gets"
  3. 26 Nov '09 00:07 / 1 edit

4. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    26 Nov '09 16:23

What you actually want is tabulators.
  5. 26 Nov '09 17:36
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    What you actually want is tabulators.
    If those cause space being created on my screen, yes.
  6. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    06 Dec '09 00:18

I daresay your post is why. Can you imagine what reading a forum would be like with yahoos like you inserting pages and pages of blank space in posts?

Thanks for screwing it up for the rest of us, who might only want a little extra space, like between sentences.
  7. 06 Dec '09 11:17
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I daresay your post is why. Can you imagine what reading a forum would be like with yahoos like you inserting pages and pages of blank space in posts?

Thanks for screwing it up for the rest of us, who might only want a little extra space, like between sentences.
    Why are you blaming me?
  8. Standard member zozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    06 Dec '09 14:48

I think you can already add "pages and pages of blank space in posts" with the "Enter" button:

I think what Thomaster wants is the option to make a sort of layout for your posts. Like outlining tekst in the middle of the post and such. Tabs would be nice too.
  9. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    06 Dec '09 17:03 / 1 edit

Yeah, good thing they can't easily get around that with some filler characters, right?
    Hey look, my text is far down.
    .........................................................................................Now I've got text way over here.
    I'm totally screwing things up for those innocent souls who only want an extra carriage return or two...
  10. Standard member Daemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    07 Dec '09 17:32
    Only idiots press the space bar to create spaces. Instead you should use a retaining magnetic field to focus a narrow beam of gravitons between the letters - these, in turn, fold space-time consistent with Weyl tensor dynamics until the space-time curvature becomes infinitely large, and you produce a singularity. This singularity then pushes the letters apart.

Like              this           !!!
  11. Standard member zozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    07 Dec '09 21:44
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    Only idiots press the space bar to create spaces. Instead you should use a retaining magnetic field to focus a narrow beam of gravitons between the letters - these, in turn, fold space-time consistent with Weyl tensor dynamics until the space-time curvature becomes infinitely large, and you produce a singularity. This singularity then pushes the letters apart.

How exactly do you make the "retaining magnetic field"? Ive held serveral magnets close the screen where i wanted space between the letters but all it did whas destroy my monitor??
  12. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    08 Dec '09 01:17
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin

Stop creating       those things              it's affecting                     other posts.
  13. 08 Dec '09 01:43
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Stop creating       those things              it's affecting                     other posts.