1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '09 01:55
    i'd like to see somewhere the highest rated player someone has beaten and the lowest rated person they've lost to. would help when setting up clan challenges and looking at graphs i think.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Nov '09 04:05
    Originally posted by trev33
    i'd like to see somewhere the highest rated player someone has beaten and the lowest rated person they've lost to. would help when setting up clan challenges and looking at graphs i think.
    I really think having played over 6000 games that the graph is a very good indicator of the players playing strenght...If you go from front to finish you will see where the rating is the biggest percentage of the time. I find it to be quite accurate.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '09 04:20
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    I really think having played over 6000 games that the graph is a very good indicator of the players playing strenght...If you go from front to finish you will see where the rating is the biggest percentage of the time. I find it to be quite accurate.
    not everyone has played over 6000 games.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Nov '09 04:35
    not everyone has played over 6000 games.
    You don't need that many to judge where a person is. Hell I have lost more games than many on this site have played...lol..
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '09 05:03
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    You don't need that many to judge where a person is. Hell I have lost more games than many on this site have played...lol..
    you've almost made more move this month than i'm made with this account 😵 we'll have to get a rematch of our games sometime.

but some people get quite high rating by only beating up on low rank opponents, i'd like a stat that shows that.
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    22 Nov '09 07:58
    If we go for that it should eclude wins on time. I have a 2000+ on my list which in no way reflects my strength.

And as some would point out sandbaggers coming back can also heavily distort matters I think I lost to a 700 somewhere.

So if you know I won against a 2000 and lost to a 700 what will you learn? That I am a sandbagger?
  7. The Smoke
    Moves
    22 Nov '09 10:45
    I was wondering if some of the (new) stats could actually be made 'private' and seen only by the player him/herself. Not that otherwise it would be too 'discrediting' or 'embarrassing' , just reckon that not all the stats are of 'public' relevance.

For instance, I'd like to see, out of interest, how many rating points I had gained/lost due to 'time out' for I think I've lost more than I had won.
  8. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    22 Nov '09 11:31
    but some people get quite high rating by only beating up on low rank opponents, i'd like a stat that shows that.
    As Ponderable pointed out the stat idea doesnt really say anything.

Why dont you look at "Opponent Avg. Rating" and compare it to the players "Avarage Rating"?
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '09 12:19
    Originally posted by zozozozo
    As Ponderable pointed out the stat idea doesnt really say anything.

Why dont you look at "Opponent Avg. Rating" and compare it to the players "Avarage Rating"?
    i do but it can also be misleading...
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Nov '09 19:36
    you've almost made more move this month than i'm made with this account 😵 we'll have to get a rematch of our games sometime.

I have only made 3883..WOW...that is a lot of moves isn't it!

You are absolutely correct there are those that do beat up on the lower rated to up their rating, but the percenage isn't that big. " I take it these are the people whos butts you want to kick".

I really think the most accurate way is just to run the curser from beginning of graph to the end, see what rating comes up the most times, and that will be very close to the rating of that player.

I love that feature as it also tells you what rating they played against, so you do learn quite a lot actually.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Nov '09 19:45
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    If we go for that it should eclude wins on time. I have a 2000+ on my list which in no way reflects my strength.

And as some would point out sandbaggers coming back can also heavily distort matters I think I lost to a 700 somewhere.

So if you know I won against a 2000 and lost to a 700 what will you learn? That I am a sandbagger?
    The thing about excluding wins on time is that in lost positions players will just let their time run out. This happens more than you would think. It is surprising how bad of a sport chess players can be.

I wouldn't consider you a Sandbagger with one win against a 2000 player a lost to a 700 player....Now if those numbers were quite high, then I suppose a finger or two would start to wag your way. One would still have to look at the reasons for it though such as time outs, and the other guy being the Sandbagger!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree