1. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Aug '07 10:18
    I asked my clan if they'd like to have the option of having to confirm their move in the same way as you have to confirm a resignation. The result: 5 in favour, 1 sees no need, 4 did not reply - total 10.

The proposition is that your Site Settings include a tickbox for something like "require confirmation of all moves submitted". This way, it would provide some training effect for new players and blunderers to teach themselves to check for mistakes before submitting moves. Possibly it could be functional only if your rating is below a certain level.

What do other low-rated players think ? I'm aware that the rest of you don't need training wheels. πŸ™„ πŸ™„
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Aug '07 12:02
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    I asked my clan if they'd like to have the option of having to confirm their move in the same way as you have to confirm a resignation. The result: 5 in favour, 1 sees no need, 4 did not reply - total 10.

The proposition is that your Site Settings include a tickbox for something like "require confirmation of all moves submitted". This way, it would p ...[text shortened]... ow-rated players think ? I'm aware that the rest of you don't need training wheels. πŸ™„ πŸ™„
    You already do have to confirm your move. You make the move on the board. At this point you can still take it back. Then you confirm this move by clicking the button.

Richard
  3. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Aug '07 13:12
    πŸ˜• πŸ˜• πŸ˜•
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    16 Aug '07 13:18
    Click "Move" Button.
    "Do you really want to move?"
    Click "Yes" Button.
    "Do you REALLY REALLY want to move?"
    Click "Sure Do" Button.
    "This is your last chance to not move! Are you REALLY SURE you want to Move?"
    Click "Yes I'm Sure" Button.

It all makes sense now.

P-
  5. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Aug '07 13:46
    I love it !!! πŸ™„
  6. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    16 Aug '07 14:173 edits
    it should be stronger than that, something like:

click submit

"better think about that first, look it over again, then resubmit"

click submit

"oh, come on, only 30 seconds has passed, did you see the knight at f5 hanging en prise? take another look"

click submit

"why are you making that move? did you notice the follow up of Qf6+ with the rook fork after Bh4?"

click submit

"ok, if you really want to make that move, it will go through, but you must sign the disclaimer to hold RHP harmless, your counseling sessions will not be covered by your membership agreement"

click submit

"look, just take one last glance, really . . .oops, hold on, i think i just noticed a possible trap. interesting move." move goes through
  7. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateβ„’
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    16 Aug '07 14:51
    I'd be happy if I could fit a breathalyser to my PC that stops me from moving when drunk.
  8. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Aug '07 23:54
    and we have an edit button in our forum postings so that last-minute mistakes can be fixed - but then, forum posting screen has more links than PM entry screen - does this mean that forum posters need more assistance than other people? πŸ˜› πŸ˜›
  9. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 00:28
    I think it's a good idea - especially for new players at the site - I "accidentally" moved 3 or 4 times when I first came here. Bad moves too. πŸ™
  10. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 00:34
    I'd prefer not to make moving annoying with a prompt. I'm ok with it as long as I can turn it off.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree