1. Joined
    15 Jul '07
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 17:03
    When moving a lot the other day i found about 50 emails in my inbox. Can't there like be a beep alert or something. This email alert system doesn't really work for me.
  2. Joined
    15 Jul '07
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 17:14
    Ok so your not always online. So send us only email alerts when we're offline and only after x hours not like for every move.
  3. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 18:55
    this, too, has been suggested and answered. i'm not a techie, so my answer doesn't count, but the "programmers" tell us that it's far more complicated to do this than it seems

if you are a programmer and think it's easy, then go to the Developers forum and you can work on the site i think
  4. Joined
    15 Jul '07
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 18:59
    this, too, has been suggested and answered. .....
    Thanks, didn't know.
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 20:10
    Originally posted by C U Soon
    When moving a lot the other day i found about 50 emails in my inbox. Can't there like be a beep alert or something. This email alert system doesn't really work for me.
    Use a free account like gmail or hotmail, and you can use an email alert notifier to beep when you receive an email (ie: receive a move).

You can also set up email filters to help keep your inbox clear.

D
  6. Joined
    15 Jul '07
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 20:13
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Use a free account like gmail or hotmail, and you can use an email alert notifier to beep when you receive an email (ie: receive a move).

You can also set up email filters to help keep your inbox clear.

D
    Thank you Ragnorak, I never thought of that and I will consider the option
  7. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 22:08
    So send us only email alerts when we're offline....
    Gimme a shout if you figure out how to make that possible. 😲
  8. Joined
    15 Jul '07
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 22:10
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Gimme a shout if you figure out how to make that possible. 😲
    I know too little about those stuff to know how to do it, that's why I post it, maybe someone else knows.
  9. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    23 Jul '07 16:14
    I know too little about those stuff to know how to do it, that's why I post it, maybe someone else knows.
    I mean, HOW do you get email alerts when you are not online?????
  10. Joined
    15 Jul '07
    Moves
    23 Jul '07 17:06
    Ok, so you wont see the email they can still be sent to you. And are you always on RHP when online?
  11. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 12:35
    That's easy - just ring Russ up after your phone has been disconnected and it all gets sorted out for you!

🙄
  12. London
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 13:03
    Or just go to My Settings > My Email Settings > and then turn off move notifications. Or have I misunderstood what you're talking about?
  13. Joined
    15 Jul '07
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 14:19
    Originally posted by Freddie2006
    Or just go to My Settings > My Email Settings > and then turn off move notifications. Or have I misunderstood what you're talking about?
    No I think you got it, and I did turn it off, but still, the internet is making everyone's life easier, so I thought a BEEP sound or something would be nice 🙂
  14. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 16:55
    No I think you got it, and I did turn it off, but still, the internet is making everyone's life easier, so I thought a BEEP sound or something would be nice 🙂
    If you are looking for "something" you could try one of the firefox extensions. One notifies you how many games you have waiting and the other just has a little pawn icon that goes red. Whether you are at RHP [etc] or not.
    No sound, but they both work well.

http://swprojects.dedos.net/firefox_extensions/rhpcheck/

http://ouroboros.dynalias.org:8080/rhp-0.1.xpi
  15. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 16:57
    Ok, so you wont see the email they can still be sent to you. And are you always on RHP when online?
    They may be sent to you but you won't get 'em till you go online.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree