move limit on draw offering

move limit on draw offering

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L
Stick your hands up

Your bum

Moves
19 Jan 09

Originally posted by trev33
get your facts straight. i had a better position in that game than i did in our other game at the time i offered the draw because i didn't know what to do in the position other that to trade off and end up getting a draw anyway, thus saving myself time to concentrate on the other game. plus my position still isn't that great in the other game, no more than a ...[text shortened]... r a double draw after 4 moves in a tournament in the hope of getting both players to advance?
You can talk in bold all you like. You're busted. And whether you or I think it's fine or not is irrelevant: it's none of our business.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
19 Jan 09

Originally posted by trev33
obivously forced draws would still come into affect regardless of the number of moves played.
Yes; but the point is, it is certainly false to say that no game is drawn before 20 moves are played.

Another example: Game 5084296
Not many opponents play the Berlin against me [at least, not until I was rated high enough to face 2000+ players], and I was unable to find a way to steer out of this drawish line in time. At the end, neither side has any substantial weaknesses. The position is objectively equal [Steinitz and Zukertort drew it over 100 years ago].