1. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    16 Mar '06 02:04
    Can it be made possible to add a functionality of a moving board into posts?

I feel like I am using way too much time with each and every position that is written down like 12.Nh3+ 13.Kh1 Bd5 14.e4 Qh4 15.exd5 Nd4 Nxf2 16.Qxc5 et cetera on the forums, to know what the moves are about if I am trying to figure them out. This seems quite tedious to me and prevents me from dedicating some time to analyzing and such (and I desperately need that!).

I would like to be able to see a (repeating) animation, same like a still frame:

...but not just of one position, but for a sequence of moves / positions all showing one after another, for easy visualising.

I can recall a PHP page of a subscriber up here where one could indeed make a GIF animation of a FEN notation. And a former beta analyze board had the functionality to be able to play a whole game, so I am hoping it is possible to just show a small part of the game and to be able to view them on the forums inside posts.
  2. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    16 Mar '06 14:311 edit
    Originally posted by Aiko
    We can supply a fen string when posting, and then javascript code will render a board with the given positions on it. It should be possible to supply several moves in sequence, and then step through it like in game history. Nothing fancy, just back and forth.

I think it's an interesting idea.
  3. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    16 Mar '06 17:341 edit
    I can recall a PHP page of a subscriber up here where one could indeed make a GIF animation of a FEN notation.
    That subscriber is Thire (User 30890), the page is: http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/~thomas/rhpanimation/content.php. Certainly worth a look.
  4. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    16 Mar '06 17:47
    That subscriber is Thire (User 30890), the page is: http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/~thomas/rhpanimation/content.php. Certainly worth a look.
    Thanks for quoting 🙂
    I don't think that this is a good idea: my borads are much much to big (files of 1Mb and more) and if you want to replay a game, go to the history. If you talk about some position, enter the FEN code in the forum here, if you want to talk about many moves... well just accept that you're not able to do so in the most convinient way here...
    Thomas
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    16 Mar '06 21:32

I feel like I am using way too much time with each and every position that is written down like 12.Nh3+ 13.Kh1 Bd5 14.e4 Qh4 15.exd5 Nd4 Nxf2 16.Qxc5 et cetera on the forums, to know what the moves are about if I am trying to figure them out. This seems quite tedious to me and prev ...[text shortened]... le to just show a small part of the game and to be able to view them on the forums inside posts.
    If Russ implements an interface for browsing the RHP database, he might be able to use the frontend for storing positions within posts which could remember a sequence of moves, from a provided fen if required, and allow you to play around with it, similar to the analyse board.

That would be great.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree