Moving during vacation

Moving during vacation

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ad Parnassum

Netherlands

Moves
01 Jun 14

How About opponents who already used all THE available time, but claim to be on vacation and keep moving all THE way in THE meanwhile while my time is getting washed away !? What can you do Against this abuse of vacation ?!?

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
01 Jun 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Ad Parnassum
How About opponents who already used all THE available time, but claim to be on vacation and keep moving all THE way in THE meanwhile while my time is getting washed away !? What can you do Against this abuse of vacation ?!?
You're a sub, so you can go on vacation yourself. 😛

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
02 Jun 14

Hi,

this was often the topic of discussions. The evident suggestions:

* enforce timeouts in hardcore tournaments regardless of vacation.

* Do away with vacation (look for a comfortable move frequence enough timebank).

* Ban offenders in hardcore tournaments to enter those.

As of now nothing has happened at that front.

My personal choice would be option I)

Isolated Pawn

Wisconsin USA

Moves
02 Jun 14

Your clock is running when it's your opponent's turn?

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
02 Jun 14

Originally posted by ketchuplover
Your clock is running when it's your opponent's turn?
The tournament in question is

Tournament 19534

It is timebank only, so the timebank depletes on the players turn.

What the OP is complaining about is that he still losses timebank (after his opponents move) whil the opponent is already at zero and is protected by the vacation flag.

The suggestion to the OP to use the vacation flag also has been brought forward.

The startegy would be not to move and to set the vacation flag as soon as the own timeout is within reach thent o check daily and to take the skull as it comes up...

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
03 Jun 14

Originally posted by Ponderable
The tournament in question is

Tournament 19534

It is timebank only, so the timebank depletes on the players turn.

What the OP is complaining about is that he still losses timebank (after his opponents move) whil the opponent is already at zero and is protected by the vacation flag.

The suggestion to the OP to use the vacation flag also has bee ...[text shortened]... n as the own timeout is within reach thent o check daily and to take the skull as it comes up...
I should have known. The real issue is timebank-only controls. Those are ill-conceived, and make the time factor too important in the game.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
17 Jun 14

Waa waa waa
Boo hoo
Grow the hell up.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
17 Jun 14

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
Waa waa waa
Boo hoo
Grow the hell up.
What will Hell be when grown up?