Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. 24 Jan '11 04:40
    Is it possible to have the list in 'My Games' or any other folder for that matter contain tiles of the state of the game like when looking at the public games of another player?
  2. Subscriber Kewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    24 Jan '11 07:07
    chess.com has this, and it's REALLY annoying. I hope this site never gets it. Sorry.
  3. 24 Jan '11 07:16
    I was thinking as the presentation of the game boards being optional rather than prescribed. The reason was that I like to choose which game I look at first by the move that has been made. Currently I click through them all before deciding on how to approach the games.

Out of curiosity what makes them annoying?
  4. Subscriber Kewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    25 Jan '11 07:45
    I have a disability which produces erratic movements in my mouse hand. I'm looking through a list and the popup board keeps flashing at me. I'd support the idea provided that we have the option to turn it off.
  5. 25 Jan '11 10:17
    That's a very good reason. It's why I try and think of making things simple in general and complicated as an option when designing software interfaces. So many people design without thought for anybody but the main stream user.
  6. Subscriber Kewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    25 Jan '11 10:57
    I have adult students with severe vision impairments and much of the computer stuff is pretty flexible, but some strange things happen - the Vision Australia (a blind services QANGO) website has inflexible small text sizes!
  7. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    06 Feb '11 02:45
    Originally posted by stretchkiwi
    Is it possible to have the list in 'My Games' or any other folder for that matter contain tiles of the state of the game like when looking at the public games of another player?
    Tiles are hard to clean and maintain. I recommend some vinyl wall coverings in your loo.
  8. 10 Feb '11 05:02
    Its really not the tiles that are the problem. Its cleaning the grouting between them ... Plus if you do tile your loo in black and white tiles you can play chess while on the throne. Might need some pieces with suckers on them for the wall tiles though.