1. Standard memberSPDChess
    Chess Monk
    Surrey
    Moves
    17 Apr '07 13:25
    Would be handy if I could go into a forum and filter the thread list on ones that I have started. I would find this especially useful if I am on vacation for a couple of weeks and just want to check if anyone has added to a thread I started. In the Chess Only and General forums the threads change so often it would be really handy

As an extension to this. Would love to have a "My Watch Thread list" option. For instance, I would be able to flag a thread to watch, and then I could filter the thread list on that flag.

I understand this is a "chess" site and I've only been here for a short time but there is obviously quite a "chess and beyond" community here and currently the forum/thread options are quite limited.

Thanks
    Steve
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    17 Apr '07 14:58
    Originally posted by SPDChess
    Would be handy if I could go into a forum and filter the thread list on ones that I have started. I would find this especially useful if I am on vacation for a couple of weeks and just want to check if anyone has added to a thread I started. In the Chess Only and General forums the threads change so often it would be really handy

As an extension to thi ...[text shortened]... community here and currently the forum/thread options are quite limited.

Thanks
    Steve
    You use firefox, don't you?

D
  3. Standard memberSPDChess
    Chess Monk
    Surrey
    Moves
    17 Apr '07 15:31
    Yep, is that one of the greasemonkey scripts? I didn't see anything which did that? Can you tell me which one
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    17 Apr '07 18:33
    Yep, is that one of the greasemonkey scripts? I didn't see anything which did that? Can you tell me which one
    The forum posting script, and the bookmark achieves pretty much what you need, in a slightly different implementation.

D
  5. Standard memberSPDChess
    Chess Monk
    Surrey
    Moves
    17 Apr '07 20:131 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    The forum posting script, and the bookmark achieves pretty much what you need, in a slightly different implementation.

D
    Thanks Ragnorak

I can see how the bookmark works for the watching threads, great. Can see if I remember to bookmark thread I have started I could get that too.

Not a big fan of the highlighting 'new' entries because I don't necessarily look at each page of every thread, the highlighting won't really help.

I would still like to put forward my suggestion as part of the site or a request for script which would give me a My Threads list

Also meant to ask if anyone else knows what you're suppose to do when I get a message saying there is an update to the script. Usually the only option I get is to open/load the script in a new tab. What am I suppose to do with this new script?

Thanks
    Steve
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    17 Apr '07 21:031 edit
    Thanks Ragnorak

Can see if I remember to bookmark thread I have started I could get that too.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I get a message saying there is an update to the script. Usually the only option I get is to open/load the script in a new tab. What am I suppose to do with this new script?

Thanks
    Steve
    It's automatic for your own threads/posts.
    ------------------------------------

Ignore it, it goes away after the first time apparently.
  7. Standard memberSPDChess
    Chess Monk
    Surrey
    Moves
    18 Apr '07 08:18
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Ignore it, it goes away after the first time apparently.
    Thanks Doc, If I may call you Doc that is 😉

I assume it is getting updated then

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree