1. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Joined
    18 Aug '03
    Moves
    54533
    24 Feb '05 06:24
    i would love to see some site statistics:

    for various time constraints, what % of games ended in a loss by timeout?

    i know 1/0 (1 day timeout, 0 timebank) will have a massive loss by timeout rate.

    i would love to know the timeout rates at various other time configurarions.

    i would also like to know the average length of games, in days, of each of the various configurations.

    can someone with some fancy programming skills gather these stats?
  2. Internet
    Joined
    01 Apr '04
    Moves
    16106
    25 Feb '05 01:541 edit
    That should be really easy to do if you have access to the database. Hopefully Russ will run the few queries it'll take and publish the results.
  3. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Joined
    18 Aug '03
    Moves
    54533
    25 Feb '05 07:062 edits
    Originally posted by Svin1
    That should be really easy to do if you have access to the database. Hopefully Russ will run the few queries it'll take and publish the results.
    we all have access to the games and the results,

    i spose someone with a trawling program would waste a lot of the rhp server's time, and so it might be best done by russ .... but then there are other things i would prefer russ to do, and he is probly working on those already.
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Joined
    06 Sep '04
    Moves
    25076
    25 Feb '05 09:50
    Originally posted by flexmore
    we all have access to the games and the results,

    i spose someone with a trawling program would waste a lot of the rhp server's time, and so it might be best done by russ .... but then there are other things i would prefer russ to do, and he is probly working on those already.
    I can never work out where to find the information on the timeout length on public games. Can anyone point me to it?
  5. Internet
    Joined
    01 Apr '04
    Moves
    16106
    25 Feb '05 12:45
    Originally posted by flexmore
    we all have access to the games and the results,
    Yes, but you can only see timeout/timebank parameters for your own games AFAIK. At best, you'd be able to figure out a total timeout wins/total games ratio, but this would probably burden the servers too much.

    If you have direct database access it would be an easy task though. If you convince Russ to give me a database dump I'd be happy to do it๐Ÿ™‚
  6. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Joined
    27 Feb '02
    Moves
    212013
    27 Feb '05 23:06
    Originally posted by flexmore
    i would love to see some site statistics:

    for various time constraints, what % of games ended in a loss by timeout?

    i know 1/0 (1 day timeout, 0 timebank) will have a massive loss by timeout rate.

    i would love to know the timeout rates at various other time configurarions.

    i would also like to know the average length of games, in days, of each o ...[text shortened]... he various configurations.

    can someone with some fancy programming skills gather these stats?
    1 day 0 timeouts should carry a warning sign on open invites:

    Something like:

    This game will stop you going anywhere in the near future. Do not even consider a social life. Forget Christmas or be killed.
Back to Top