1. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 23:01
    The Player table is ordered by grade and the order can be reversed at a click, showing either lucky Skeeter or brave gianfrancolevat at the top of page 1.

When we list all the players from any one country however, they are in random order and that's a bit tiresome with often large numbers over lots of pages.

I'd like to have the same facility to list all the players for any one flag in grade order.
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '11 01:24
    Well, since you can display any flag you'd like i don't really think a national table would mean much.
  3. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    09 Sep '11 02:44
    Originally posted by trev33
    Well, since you can display any flag you'd like i don't really think a national table would mean much.
    Agreed, there are numbers of us guys who don't really see the point and fly none at all...
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 Sep '11 12:01
    Originally posted by finnegan
    The Player table is ordered by grade and the order can be reversed at a click, showing either lucky Skeeter or brave gianfrancolevat at the top of page 1.

When we list all the players from any one country however, they are in random order and that's a bit tiresome with often large numbers over lots of pages.

I'd like to have the same facility to list all the players for any one flag in grade order.
    It's not exactly random order, though. It's order of last move, with the most recent movers at the top. For countries with many players, that isn't really relevant, but if you are looking for someone to play in Africa, it can be useful. But you're right, it would be even more useful if we could sort the list in other ways as well.

Richard
  5. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    09 Sep '11 19:37
    I can see the total player table in rank order and I'd like the national table to have the same facility. Clearly not all of us would find this interesting. Then again, not all of us find anything whatever interesting. Since the site allows us to list players by their flag, it seems the site has at least some interest in the nationality of its players.
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '11 20:44
    I can see the total player table in rank order and I'd like the national table to have the same facility. Clearly not all of us would find this interesting. Then again, not all of us find anything whatever interesting. Since the site allows us to list players by their flag, it seems the site has at least some interest in the nationality of its players.
    Well my concern with that and the fact that you can choose whichever flag you wish to show is that if someone didn't like being an average player from Ireland for example they could change their flag and become an Andorra chess superstar.
  7. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    10 Sep '11 01:50
    I think you have a point, and the fact that there are many clans organized by nationality or some sort of geographic reference suggests that there are others who would find this valuable.
  8. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 11:52
    Well my concern with that and the fact that you can choose whichever flag you wish to show is that if someone didn't like being an average player from Ireland for example they could change their flag and become an Andorra chess superstar.
    Hmm. I checked and the strongest two names under the Andorra flag are ke1 and ke3, both banned from the site. Seems someone had your idea. Otherwise it is not a very active country. With only three pages to check that did not take long to learn. For a more active country, like (as you say) Ireland, it takes quite a long time to pick out the stronger players. It would be much easier if I could just order the players by grade!

You see - even you have some reason to want to know!

😏
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 20:30
    Hmm. I checked and the strongest two names under the Andorra flag are ke1 and ke3, both banned from the site. Seems someone had your idea. Otherwise it is not a very active country. With only three pages to check that did not take long to learn. For a more active country, like (as you say) Ireland, it takes quite a long time to pick out the stronger player ...[text shortened]... just order the players by grade!

You see - even you have some reason to want to know!

😏
    I guess for the honest majority it would be nice to see implemented.
  10. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    16 Sep '11 22:02
    I like the idea, although I will be tempted to jump around nationalities periodically...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree