1. Home
    Moves
    07 Aug '05 03:52
    Okay maybe this is stupid but a clan should be able to participate in a 4 way chess game. So 2v2 on one board. Or there should be a game which each member of a clan makes one move and the game moves from person to person until the game is completed. These could be additional types of challenges.
  2. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    07 Aug '05 04:02
    Originally posted by blindcheesecake
    Okay maybe this is stupid but a clan should be able to participate in a 4 way chess game. So 2v2 on one board. Or there should be a game which each member of a clan makes one move and the game moves from person to person until the game is completed. These could be additional types of challenges.
    I like the idea. I think it'd make for some interesting variants, and would make clan play more teamwork driven. However, it'd probably require a good deal of programming, so it probably won't be something that Russ works on soon, if at all.
  3. Home
    Moves
    07 Aug '05 04:27
    Originally posted by ark13
    I like the idea. I think it'd make for some interesting variants, and would make clan play more teamwork driven. However, it'd probably require a good deal of programming, so it probably won't be something that Russ works on soon, if at all.
    🙁

I think there needs to be something more teambased about the clans, but it would require lots of programing.....
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Aug '05 04:44
    Or even bug house chess, that would be a blast here.
    For those that do not know about it, it is team chess.

team one
    white one, black one

the chess sets

team two
    black two, white two

How it works is the games are started, once a piece is taken it is
    handed to the partner of the player who took it, then it may be
    placed anywhere legal on the board as a turn. With both sides
    feeding each other pieces and pawns it becomes a completely
    different game of chess.
    Kelly
  5. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    07 Aug '05 04:51
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Or even bug house chess, that would be a blast here.
    For those that do not know about it, it is team chess.

team one
    white one, black one

the chess sets

team two
    black two, white two

How it works is the games are started, once a piece is taken it is
    handed to the partner of the player who took it, then it may be
    placed anywhere legal on t ...[text shortened]... es
    feeding each other pieces and pawns it becomes a completely
    different game of chess.
    Kelly
    An inherant part of bughouse is not moving while you wait for the right piece. It works well in blitz but wouldn't work nearly as well here.
  6. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Aug '05 16:58
    I like the Idea of each clan makes 1 move, then the next clan member makes a move, it would though probaly take allot of programing, however, it would put RHP way ahead of the others, and probaly will result in more people coming to this site
  7. Home
    Moves
    07 Aug '05 18:51
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    I like the Idea of each clan makes 1 move, then the next clan member makes a move, it would though probaly take allot of programing, however, it would put RHP way ahead of the others, and probaly will result in more people coming to this site
    The leaders should also be allowed to choose the lineup, so they choose the order of the movers.
  8. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    07 Aug '05 19:14
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    This sounds very interesting indeed!
  9. Joined
    31 Dec '02
    Moves
    07 Aug '05 22:44
    Sounds good, but in such live games, members of each clan will not be allowed to speak to each other throughout the duration of the game, to avoid cheating, or being influenced by say, their clan leader.

Also, a large amount of subscribers have joined more than one clan. Would some be competing against themselves??!
  10. Home
    Moves
    08 Aug '05 00:10
    Originally posted by Peachy
    Sounds good, but in such live games, members of each clan will not be allowed to speak to each other throughout the duration of the game, to avoid cheating, or being influenced by say, their clan leader.

Also, a large amount of subscribers have joined more than one clan. Would some be competing against themselves??!
    as it is now, a clan can not challange another clan with any similar members!
  11. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    08 Aug '05 05:38
    Bzzt
  12. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Aug '05 02:54
    it looks like everyone wants this, what do we do now? all PM Russ on the count of 3?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree